• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hearthstone

#281 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-04, 02:48

BTW I didn't think about it, but Vitality Totem rotated out, so Tuskarr Totemic is actually better now if played on any kind of board (so flametongue is also good)

#282 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-04, 06:51

View PostCyberyeti, on 2016-May-03, 17:32, said:

I quite like using it on a card I've played much cheaper than its true cost like nerubian prophet or volcanic drake.

My thing from below cost onyl 2 mana, then killed a 4/2, then Master of evoluion made him a 5-5 tree, had to use evolve again to make him 8-8 :)

#283 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-04, 12:40

View PostFluffy, on 2016-May-04, 06:51, said:

My thing from below cost onyl 2 mana, then killed a 4/2, then Master of evoluion made him a 5-5 tree, had to use evolve again to make him 8-8 :)

That's another one along the same lines.

Playing those means it's not stupid to coin/hero power at turn 1

#284 User is offline   WesleyC 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-May-04, 23:26

I've been fairly successful with a midrange shaman deck, although i'm not sold yet on the evolution cards.

Posted Image

I did experiment with some of the evolution cards but in the end none of them made the cut. A major issue is that apart from Thing from Below (which is incredibly strong) and to a lesser extent Tuskar Totemic, all the other Shaman cards have a cheap base cost.

My experience is that Shaman decks win if you can maintain board control, but lose if you cannot because summoning a 0/2 totem onto an empty board does close to nothing. The evolution mechanic doesn't really help towards early board control so i'm not sure it's a good fit.

#285 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-05, 04:24

View PostWesleyC, on 2016-May-04, 23:26, said:

I've been fairly successful with a midrange shaman deck, although i'm not sold yet on the evolution cards.

Posted Image

I did experiment with some of the evolution cards but in the end none of them made the cut. A major issue is that apart from Thing from Below (which is incredibly strong) and to a lesser extent Tuskar Totemic, all the other Shaman cards have a cheap base cost.

My experience is that Shaman decks win if you can maintain board control, but lose if you cannot because summoning a 0/2 totem onto an empty board does close to nothing. The evolution mechanic doesn't really help towards early board control so i'm not sure it's a good fit.

This is basically the deck I've been using, but I gave up on argent squire to get evolution and totemic fussion. I have now changed totemic fussion as seems not worth it and got master of evolution (which isn't really working and will change him back).

Instead of Fire Elemental I am running mana tide totem and another drake. I think I should get a fire elemental at least.

#286 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2016-May-05, 04:29

That looks more like Loyan's "Bloodlust Shaman" (halfway between aggro and midrange) than true midrange (where I would expect Thunder Bluff Valiant as a possible win condition).

Right now I'm experimenting with Raging Worgen OTK:

2 Inner Rage
2 Execute
2 Fiery Win Axe
1 Rampage
2 Slam
2 Cruel Taskmaster
1 Doomsayer
2 Loot Hoarder
1 Bash
2 Charge
2 Shield Block
2 Acolyte of Pain
2 Raging Worgen
1 Fierce Monkey
2 Gnomish Inventor
1 Arcanite Reaper
1 Brawl
1 Faceless Manipulator
1 Emperor Thaurissan

Basically I took a list off the net and replaced 2 Death's Bite with Arcanite Reaper and Monkey. I'm finding myself a bit low on activators for Execute though if I don't want to use Inner Rage and don't have Death's Bite, so I'm thinking of replacing the Monkey with a Whirlwind. Monkey can be a lifesaver against aggro though... maybe the Doomsayer should go instead? Also wondering whether I should invest 400 dust and upgrade from Bash to Shield Slam.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#287 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-05, 05:09

Is the 3-3 creature with whindwhirl too expensive?

#288 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-05, 05:43

View PostFluffy, on 2016-May-05, 05:09, said:

Is the 3-3 creature with whindwhirl too expensive?

The Ghoul? Hm good idea actually I will try it.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#289 User is online   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-May-05, 05:44

View PostFluffy, on 2016-May-05, 04:24, said:

This is basically the deck I've been using, but I gave up on argent squire to get evolution and totemic fussion. I have now changed totemic fussion as seems not worth it and got master of evolution (which isn't really working and will change him back).

MoE was working OK for me, particularly when the next card played was evolve.

#290 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-05, 05:51

View PostCyberyeti, on 2016-May-05, 05:44, said:

MoE was working OK for me, particularly when the next card played was evolve.

I was thinking that reverse order is probably better, you want to evolve whatever battlecry you got. I am thinking of 3+ creatures of course (4 counting MoE)

#291 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-05, 07:28

My first 12 win run on arena since expansion, which started with a 4-2 but then I played better.

http://imgur.com/gJtTarh

Why doesn't it let me add imnages on this board, but Wesley can?

Anyway, the 6 cards missing: Silverhand Knight, Sprint, 2* 6-8 taunts and 2* Kraken

The 6-8 taunts are really solid. I never know if I should play the kraken right away to the head on an empty board or use my lesser minions first and wait for bigger impact (I end up using him for the 4 damage only very often)

#292 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-05, 07:31

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-May-05, 05:43, said:

The Ghoul? Hm good idea actually I will try it.

Yes, his biggest flaw is it cannot activate grommash hellscream, but you aren't using him. And even if you did, the emperor could solve the problem.

#293 User is online   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-May-05, 07:34

View PostFluffy, on 2016-May-05, 05:51, said:

I was thinking that reverse order is probably better, you want to evolve whatever battlecry you got. I am thinking of 3+ creatures of course (4 counting MoE)

true, but evolving the MoE doesn't hurt which you don't get with the reverse order

#294 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-05, 09:40

I only run 1 of each so I ahrdly get the combo, last time I did evolved him into a 4-4. Could be worse.

My worse evolution was to evolve 7 creatures, and pick the acid-thing that kills anyoen who gets damage. Opponent next played c'thoon :)

#295 User is online   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-May-05, 12:13

View PostFluffy, on 2016-May-05, 09:40, said:

I only run 1 of each so I ahrdly get the combo, last time I did evolved him into a 4-4. Could be worse.

My worse evolution was to evolve 7 creatures, and pick the acid-thing that kills anyoen who gets damage. Opponent next played c'thoon :)

I keep getting that too, although last time was with MoE in a tavern brawl where I had a load of 1/1 spiders to clear the board with so wasn't terrible.

#296 User is offline   WesleyC 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-May-05, 13:09

mgoetze: yeah I took some ideas from the 'bloodlust' shaman list although most of the deck I came up with independently. One thing I really like about HS is that changing as few as 3-4 cards can completely alter the style/nature of a deck. Regarding your warrior deck, I briefly experimented with a OTK warrior before standard and although it was fun, I don't think it's neccesary. The 2/6 taunt, 6/5 create a weapon and 3/3 whirlwind are all really strong right now, so a basic midrange/tempo/patron (or some combination) warrior is a really strong class right now. I played about 10 games with warrior and got frustrated by the polarized matchups, it felt like I either won or lost based on the opponents deck a lot.

Fluffy: Gratz on the 12-win! I've been doing horribly at arena since the expansion - out of 8 runs my best result is 7 wins. One thing I've noticed is that having a chunky top end seems to be more important now than it used to be. The expansion seems to have slowed things down a little, so kraken and big taunts are better than ever.

#297 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-05, 13:35

Yeah but I'm missing a lot of the cards needed for a more expensive warrior deck. No Grommash, no Malkorok, no Justicar, only 1 Frothing Berserker, didn't even get a Blood to Ichor in my 63 OG packs, no 2nd Brawl, no Shield Slam... you get the idea. ;)
    -- Bertrand Russell

#298 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-05, 13:54

Meh, I got 10k powder to spend, I even made myself a golden deck just for cosmetic purposes, I would give you some if I could.

#299 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-05, 22:47

Regarding beefier top end, the short version is you're right. The slightly longer answer is nicely explained here: https://www.reddit.c...considerations/

#300 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-May-06, 17:12

Ultimate evolve combo for 6 creatures: 4-2 that kills everyone who gets damage with 4-2 that damages everyone.

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users