BBO Discussion Forums: Version 3.6.0 Available for testing - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Version 3.6.0 Available for testing

#1 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-January-26, 11:02

The latest version of the BBO client program is
now available for testing. Use the links below to
install the latest version of your PC:

http://www.bridgebas.../bbo_update.exe

http://www.bridgebas...0/bbo_setup.exe

The 1st link will update your existing BBO while the
2nd link will install everything from scratch. You don't
have to use both of these - just pick the one that seems
best for you.

This version implements some bugfixes, mostly dealing with being swept into a tourney while playing a Bridge Master hand in the Training Rooms.

#2 User is offline   Jangvik 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2004-January-27, 02:30

Hi Uday. I updated my client with this new version and find a change that I don't really like.
When chatting as a kibb the alternative kibitzers is preselected instead of This room as it was before.
I think "this room" should be preselected as before. It's annoying to change this alternative all the time.

Great work never the less
"If there is a Hell, then it will consist of being at PO's table while he makes three overtricks in 2 redoubled. Slowly." - David Burn

#3 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2004-January-27, 02:42

Jangvik, on Jan 27 2004, 08:30 AM, said:

Hi Uday. I updated my client with this new version and find a change that I don't really like.
When chatting as a kibb the alternative kibitzers is preselected instead of This room as it was before.
I think "this room" should be preselected as before. It's annoying to change this alternative all the time.

Great work never the less

This caught me out too, but I believe the behaviour is dependent on the table settings:
  • if kibs are not allowed to chat to players, then the default is to chat to kibs
  • if kibs are allowed to chat to players, then the default is to chat to the room

Cheers

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   uday 

Posted 2004-January-27, 08:22

The change is deliberate, of course. I just sent off an email to FG, asking if there is a shortcut (like a control-K to send to specs) to send to the room.

We changed this bec. too many specs (while chatting about the hand in question) accidentally send chat to the table (and the players)

The default of chat->spec has some potential for being annoying, but very little potential for being disruptive ( it will now be harder to accidentally send "I wonder if he will drop the stiff K" to the table)

#5 User is offline   hallway 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Founder/Manager - Beginner Intermediate Lounge (BIL) on BBO

Posted 2004-January-27, 13:06

Thank you ,Thank you, Thank you

The teachers, the lounge assistants and myself all say - Thank You

I can now cross that Wish of the List for the Beginner Intermediate Lounge

Wouldn't mind a dollar for every time I have typed "please keep chat private or to kibs only" over the past 4/5 months !!

The members will all say Thank you too - no more being 'growled' at .

and the Chat Log is back to being single line :D (mind you I did especially like it's brief appearance in double spacing) but the run-on was a nightmare !!

What other treasures will I find ?
Maureen
Founder/Manager
Beginner Intermediate Lounge (BIL) on BBO
Join on BIL Bridge

#6 User is offline   jdulmage 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-January-28, 14:17

Good stuff uday, I'll give it a whirl and see what I think of it.
Visit our website today at http://www.reginabridge.com for information on loads of conventions, our local club, and bridge hands.

#7 User is offline   jdulmage 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-January-28, 14:28

I just noticed in Creating a Tournament, there is a new option for Survivor and has a %.

What exactly is that type of movement? Can you explain?

Thanks
Visit our website today at http://www.reginabridge.com for information on loads of conventions, our local club, and bridge hands.

#8 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-January-28, 15:07

jdulmage, on Jan 28 2004, 03:28 PM, said:

I just noticed in Creating a Tournament, there is a new option for Survivor and has a %.

What exactly is that type of movement? Can you explain?

Thanks

Survivor events are just what the name implies. The players with the lowest scores are cut each round. The % is the number of people cut out of an event. So if you set it at 50% and had a 20 table event, when round 2 stared you would be down to 10 tables. And when round 3 started, down to 5.

Most directors click survivor and set % to 0 for two or three rounds, so that one bad round will not get you tossed. Then enter some smaller number like 10% or 20%.

A second note. If you are so unlucky as to be temporarily disconnect when a round change occurs, I believe you go into the lower standing and are kicked...even if you were leading the event.

Ben
--Ben--

#9 User is offline   uday 

Posted 2004-January-29, 10:55

Re: survivor
Correct. Survivor is also very reluctant to trim a section down to fewer than some threshold ( bec. it fears that the section will not be viable if we then lose some red players). This is arguably a bug (too conservative) and i will fix it

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users