Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EEE PC My bridge laptop

#1 User is offline   leswt 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-April-03, 13:01

I use a Acer EEE PC netbook for BBO and other bridge stuff (Bridge Baron)

Since bridge does not require fancy or large graphics, the 10.1 inch screen is just about perfect when combined with the light weight

Who else uses a netbook?

Lester

#2 User is offline   pokerbids 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-April-18, 08:30

hey there saw your post on the netbook and i wanted to tell u that I also have been using a netbook for more than 2 years now and I swear by it...mine is also an acer ...i think full name is acer aspire one and it i have had only great fun with it. I mean i notice u saying u use it for bridge and bridge baron but to be honest i use mine for everything!!! Its a funny story how i came to have one cause i saw one in a shop 2 years ago and said hey it looks cute and maybe my wife will cook me a delcious meal if i get her one of these "girly" computers!!! So i picked it up for her and while fooling around and setting it up i said let me see if BBO works It seemed to work rather well and the more i fooled around with it I said hey this "girly thingy" works better than my "macho" laptop and I started using it more and more till she got bugged and claimed ownership saying this is the strangest gift that she has recieved that she isnt allowed to use!!!! So i picked up one for myself and now do everything on it. Once in early days i forget to switch the power socket switch on and 8 HOURS later i got a message that battery running low....I couldnt believe it that the battery lasted 8 hours...I mean i had a macho laptop and on that the battery went low after a couple of hours and this thing just kept going on and on and on.....it has a great webcam built in and works great for skype and all. Over time i put in all the software i needed and as i said now this netbook is used for everything and everytime a friend of mine sees it they want one for themselves too!!!!!!

In those days there was no Ipad and stuff like that and i guess nowdays with Ipads and all this may become outdated but as for me I am just speeding along with it having fun

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users