Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playing BBO on tablets

#1 User is offline   Yotayota 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-December-20, 05:49

I'm planning to buy a tablet mainly to play BBO.
I understand that to run BBO tablets need to have Flash, and most of them lack it.
I read a post about using Samsung, but the "zooming in and out" would end up nerving me.
Is any BBO member using one that really works???
Thanks for your help!

#2 User is offline   veronahill 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-April-13, 21:57

I tried playing BBO on the Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet. It is virtually impossible to play with the zooming in and zooming out. The tablet size should be at least 10". I am thinking of getting the Viewsonic G 10" tablet...hopefully that will work better because of the larger size.

#3 User is offline   jmc 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-April-14, 10:41

I spent about an hour playing BBO on the Motorola Xoom. The play and bidding were ok, though occasionally multiple clicks were required. I used hand diagrams and the numbers were a bit too small even playing full screen.

Anything that required typing was a disaster. Key response seemed slow and the pop up keyboard just didn't work well. I was very disappointed because I love the pop up keyboard on my android phone and its fast and accurate. The Xoom keyboard seemed fine in other applications. I had planned on buying the Xoom but decided against it.

My hope is that perhaps BBO's software will run better on the Blackberry Playbook designed more for flash, or that the HTC Flyer that comes with a pen, will allow better interaction with BBO. If I can't alert or chat with friends, its a BbO experience I'm interested in.

#4 User is offline   Quantumcat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Archery, classical guitar, piano, watercolour painting, programming, french

Posted 2011-May-08, 23:17

A friend and I tried to offer to make a BBO app for use on iPads, for free. We were shot down.
I Transfers

#5 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-May-09, 05:57

What was the proposed app that was shot down? If it's something that really turns you on, and does not involve reinventing the wheel, you should probably do it anyway. If it was a port of existing software, they probably saved you from the tarpit.

By the way, have you seen any decent programs that make counting fun?
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users