BBO Discussion Forums: 3 Level Preempt Question - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 Level Preempt Question Just wondering.

#21 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-May-25, 02:21

View PostSiegmund, on 2011-May-24, 21:27, said:

I'd be willing to open this hand 3C in first or second seat too.

Put me down for 'no such thing as a passed hand 3NT' at this vulnerability. Ain't no way you are ever gonna see AQxxxxx in the dummy when I open only-3-clubs favorable.

I also open 3 in first seat with this. That doesnt mean i wld not open a normal preempt in first or 3rd seat though. I find it amusing to see people make agreements such as " Ain't no way you are ever gonna see AQxxxxx in the dummy when i open ONLY (lol) 3 favorable "

Opening agressive or conservative preempts is a matter of style, they both have ups and downs, but i cant see how they can have ups if they are predictable. In fact what you say is worse than being predictable, because good opponents will dig your agreement details believe me. So u will have to tell them yourself unless you are an unethical player and try to get away with explenations like "We open extremely agressive at favorable" instead of " We ONLY open extremely agressive when favorable"

I personally open a JTxxxxx suit at 3rd seat non vuln with nothing else, as well as with x KJ Jxxx AKJT9x or similar hands where i dont want opps to find thei major fit (and yes i risk missing a non vuln game). Not only for preventing them to step in with major at low levels, but also for reducing their accuracy in bidding,defense or declarer play by simply trying to avoid being predictable.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users