BBO Discussion Forums: Methods after 2NT opening/puppet Stayman - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Methods after 2NT opening/puppet Stayman

#21 User is offline   bluecalm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-June-14, 10:20

It's not 399 chances but more like 9 chances

Yeah, I keep making this mistake because in Poland many people play that the only way to get to 3nt is to use puppet which is ridiculous, I sometimes forget that there is middle way.

And even if you were so worried about giving extra chances for them to double that you decided never to bid puppet on a hand where you would not have used Stayman, puppet would still gain on a fair number of hands.

But it loses space so you can't put all the 5-4 hands in there and you have less space for slam exploration.
All in all the difference is probably small if you don't bid puppet automatically on hands which should be bid by 2nt - 3nt.

#22 User is offline   campboy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-June-14, 10:36

View Postbluecalm, on 2011-June-14, 10:20, said:

All in all the difference is probably small if you don't bid puppet automatically on hands which should be bid by 2nt - 3nt.

Yeah, that's definitely true. I do play puppet with one partner but prefer to avoid it with others, partly because I don't want to have to remember more than one version of it :)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

16 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users