Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A really juicy hand

#1 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2011-August-05, 20:49

We didn't bid this slam, but imagine that you did on an unexciting auction.

You get the 7 of spades lead (2nd/4th)

Some info that may help you. If you cash the ace of diamonds, LHO plays the 9 and RHO the 2 (supposedly standard signals). If you lead the jack of clubs off the dummy, LHO plays low in an unconcerned fashion. If you cash four rounds of spades, RHO has 4 and LHO has 3.

#2 User is offline   tolvyrj 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-August-05, 21:19

There r 2 major problems here, too many losers and not enough winners to quote Mollo.
Lets play it simple, course finesses r so boring i take lead to my hand and play small from both hands. If opps return , as they will, i take it into the dummy and return hand with A of and play K of as well. Back to dummy with Q of and then rest of the ditching a and a from my hand.
Now someone shld be in trouble; lets hope its the defenders ;) .

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-05, 22:17

View Postmr1303, on 2011-August-05, 20:49, said:

We didn't bid this slam, but imagine that you did on an unexciting auction.

You get the 7 of spades lead (2nd/4th)

Some info that may help you. If you cash the ace of diamonds, LHO plays the 9 and RHO the 2 (supposedly standard signals). If you lead the jack of clubs off the dummy, LHO plays low in an unconcerned fashion. If you cash four rounds of spades, RHO has 4 and LHO has 3.

Should we assume that it is 6 NT ?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4 User is offline   tolvyrj 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-August-06, 14:23

Sry first posting was rubbish, it wont go like that at all. I cant think any other choice than finessse.
Cause if take u 4 and 4 winners ( and u gotta have 4 winners)u will be in the hand with A and 10 of and AK and 10 of . Now u cant throw RHO in to underlead Q of , because if had started with KQJ of i dont think he would have lead small . With just 2 honours he discards them away and let LHO to come in at trick 10.
No squeeze will work course when u try to rectify the count by playing small from both hands defence cuts u communications by playing another . And og f course u cant take AK of before rectifying the count.
Assuming this is 6 NT hook is only thing i can imagine.

#5 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2011-August-06, 14:39

Yes, it is 6NT.

I'll post some more shortly.

#6 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2011-August-06, 20:29

mr1303 wrote "We didn't bid this slam, but imagine that you did on an unexciting auction. You get the 7 of spades lead (2nd/4th) Some info that may help you. If you cash the ace of diamonds, LHO plays the 9 and RHO the 2 (supposedly standard signals). If you lead the jack of clubs off the dummy, LHO plays low in an unconcerned fashion. If you cash four rounds of spades, RHO has 4 and LHO has 3."

Can think of nothing cunning. Win K, AQ hoping for four tricks. For example, if J appears cash T. If LHO plays 98 consider running T. Then J to K, K discarding a , A, AQJ with squeeze strip chances but probably end up taking finesse :(

#7 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-11, 01:15

I didn't bid the slam either.
"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users