Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Zoom in on Hand in Android App

#1 User is offline   frischf50 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-September-12, 08:51

My father normally uses BBO on his computer. I wanted to get him a tablet (Nexus 7) so he could play it in different rooms in the house and outside in the morning, when the weather is nice. One thing he has trouble with is clicking on the correct card during his turn, at times.

With the Android App, it would be helpful if the hand the user is playing with would increase in size and spacing to make it easier to select the right card. I have been using Android tablets since honeycomb and I found it hard to tap at times on the cards to play on my nexus 7 and galaxy tab 10.

It's as though the area to click is very small at times throughout the game. I was not able to find a particular pattern but it became frustrating for him as a new tablet user and frustrating for me not to be able to find a pattern to help you with troubleshooting. I think this feature would be particularly helpful for players with unsteady hands and/or reduced vision.

I would be happy to beta test using the Google play beta testing capabilities if that would help.

Thanks for the consideration.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-September-12, 10:09

Have you tried switching from pictures of cards to hand diagrams? They should be easier to click on.

BTW, didn't you see that this was just suggested a few days ago: suggestion for iphone app - zoom to click card
It should have been near the top of the thread list.

#3 User is offline   frischf50 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-September-12, 10:23

View Postbarmar, on 2013-September-12, 10:09, said:

Have you tried switching from pictures of cards to hand diagrams? They should be easier to click on.

BTW, didn't you see that this was just suggested a few days ago: suggestion for iphone app - zoom to click card
It should have been near the top of the thread list.

I saw the suggestion for the iphone app, but I was referring to the Android app specifically. I have no way of evaluating the iPhone app.
The hand diagrams experienced similar issues on the Nexus 7. I have not checked it on the Samsung 10".

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-September-12, 10:21

They're the same thing -- we just have one mobile app for all platforms.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users