• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

school in Connecticut

#281 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-January-12, 22:04

All of which shows that there are idiots everywhere.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#282 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-January-13, 09:21

View PostFluffy, on 2013-January-11, 15:18, said:

you might laugh abaout banning trees, but there was a (fake) video of an eagle taking a litle boy in a park I think in Canada not long ago, my first reaction before knowing it was a fake was: oh no, some stupid is gonna start asking to kill all eagles now.

there are real stories, like my friend who was forbidden to play soccer by his mom. Because she had seen on tv that Nwanku Kanu (Nigerian Senegal player) had something in his heart (obviously unrelated to playing soccer)

Kanu is Nigerian, and his heart foundation is in Abuja.

#283 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-January-13, 10:19

story on the news that a bunch of schools already are sending the teachers to gun classes to learn how to shoot. Is it legal in the States to carry handguns around in your pocket or will this mean that teachers will be writing on the chalkboard with one hand while having a death grip on a rifle with the other?

It might add a whole new dimension to the emotional response of having to tell the teacher you haven't done your homework or don't know the expected answer :ph34r:

#284 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-January-13, 10:42

View Postonoway, on 2013-January-13, 10:19, said:

Is it legal in the States to carry handguns around in your pocket

With a concealed carry permit, yes. Some states allow (or used to allow, I haven't looked at the laws lately) open carry (with the handgun visible) without a permit.

When I lived in California, I often went to a shooting range. I put my pistol in the trunk of my car, unloaded, with the ammo in a separate container, as the law required. I did not have a permit, nor was one required. But that was 30 years ago, I don't know current California law. Very occasionally, I would forget and just put the pistol in my belt (with some exceptions, open carry was legal at the time). Technically, that was illegal, as "in a car" was one of the exceptions, presumably because cops were afraid of getting shot when they stopped a motorist. Or because some politician thought they would be.

Now I live in New York. You can't even own a handgun here without a permit. And they can be incredibly hard to get.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users