BBO Discussion Forums: What's the point of an Individual Tournament? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's the point of an Individual Tournament?

#21 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-February-03, 13:56

View PostVampyr, on 2014-February-03, 11:33, said:

Mr Ace would you get over your obsession with me, and do not presume to speak for me or say what I know.

Someone has clearly pissed in your canteen, but it certainly wasn't me -- I had never picked you out of the crowd in any way before you started all this. Put me on ignore so you are not tempted.

LOL

I just find it amusing seeing you obsessed with this negativity about online activities (especially BBO products or events or communities. Funnier part is your efforts to develop new techniques in order to express it on every opportunity. And i am the one obsessed with something ? Please...but please tell me you asked the question you did because you did not know there was such a thing called "online clubs" to make my day Posted Image Sad part is, having to share my favorite forum with someone like you, who seems to be not aware of online clubs, but accidentally discovered online discussion forums ! Who would guess ? Positive side of the story is the pm's i had from some star players telling me that i am lucky because you are much less annoying online than real life. I think i should just stop complaining and appreciate having a huge ocean between us.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#22 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-03, 14:35

Apparently there are games on BBO limited to members of "clubs", which are something you can become a member of. I know that now, so you can rest easy. Honestly why does what I know or think matter so much to you? Get over it.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#23 User is offline   broze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-04, 06:31

View PostPhilKing, on 2014-February-02, 20:19, said:

Having just paid a monkey to play in the Zia Ghoulash individual, I think I know the answer to the question. :ph34r:

Without much Googlage, are the results for this tournament available online? I enjoyed watching you on the Vugraph Phil, even though the software told us that is was actually Fred King playing...
'In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.' - Douglas Adams

#24 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-04, 06:46

View Postbroze, on 2014-February-04, 06:31, said:

Without much Googlage, are the results for this tournament available online? I enjoyed watching you on the Vugraph Phil, even though the software told us that is was actually Fred King playing...

The results are still not confirmed due to multitudinous technical difficulties - the data is being checked by a third party today. I suffered when not on BBO and so finished in the pack.

#25 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2014-February-04, 08:04

I had a great time when playing in our club's yearly individual tournament last December. The rules were simple:
-2 boards/round, 12 rounds.
-every round you have a different partner. You usually play against each opponent in two rounds.
-your usual partner will never be your partner or your opponent (there were simply two groups and they gave prizes to the top 3 from each group)!

I met a lot of people that I'd never have normally met, as we have three groups and I'm always in the top one (please don't take it as bragging, the B and C groups are very weak!), and I played a lot of strong two's and such. I even played with someone who said "yea I play strong 2's but 2D could be weak." This I took to mean he doesn't mind playing 2D as a weak two but he meant quite literally that he likes 2D as 6+ diamonds and (6-10 or 18+).
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#26 User is offline   ShirleyMqz 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-February-18, 00:56

There is another reason that professionals don't like individuals. You have no partner so there is nobody who will pay you to play with them.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users