BBO Discussion Forums: New Kindle fire HDX. How do I hook up with BBO? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Kindle fire HDX. How do I hook up with BBO?

#1 User is offline   rusty2592 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-June-12, 21:05

Just got the new Fire HDX. Downloaded the app for BBO from Amazon. Get to BBO fine, but can't adjust the settings so that I can make sense of anything. Anybody got any experience here
? Sure could use some advoce. thanks.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-June-13, 16:24

You shouldn't need to change any settings to make sense of it, it should work fine out of the box. The settings are there just to customize to your preferences, such as hand diagrams instead of pictures of cards, whether it plays sounds, etc.

If you explain more specifically what you're having trouble with, we should be able to advise you better.

#3 User is offline   Mbodell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-June-14, 22:54

FWIW I have no problems with BBO on the Fire HDX (other than occasionally fat fingering a bid or card). I do have a slight usability problem with the android app for BBO on my phone, in that if I enter a bid explanation my soft keyboard covers the actual bids and I can't then make the bid. I've discovered the hack to get around that is to rotate the phone to landscape mode from portrait or vice-versa as when the screen is repainted in the new orientation I can make the bid.

I frequently start tournaments from either the Kindle or my phone if I'm a little late getting home to not miss the start time (it is sort of funny when I'm stranded having pulled over to the side of the road less than 5 minutes from home, desperately hoping to either be dummy or end a round quite early).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users