• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Revenge Mitchells revisited

#21 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-June-30, 03:05

View PostNickRW, on 2014-June-30, 02:41, said:

In the 8 table for 27 boards case, you have 10 sets of 3 boards. Relay between 8 and 1, and between 4 and 5. It plays for 9 rounds without problems. It isn't much use for 7.5 tables as one pair would sit out twice.

You can get around this by making the NS pair who would sit out for the second time play one of their adjacent NS pairs instead on the final round - as long as you aren't trying to run it as a two-winner movement.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#22 User is offline   campboy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-30, 03:09

View PostNickRW, on 2014-June-30, 02:41, said:

In the 8 table for 27 boards case, you have 10 sets of 3 boards. Relay between 8 and 1, and between 4 and 5. It plays for 9 rounds without problems. It isn't much use for 7.5 tables as one pair would sit out twice. However the skip Mitchell with a 4 board sit out isn't ideal either and the hesitation Mitchell becomes more attractive.

Thanks. I'd assumed only 9 board sets were in play, so wasn't getting anything to work.

#23 User is offline   NickRW 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-30, 04:58

View Postgordontd, on 2014-June-30, 03:05, said:

You can get around this by making the NS pair who would sit out for the second time play one of their adjacent NS pairs instead on the final round - as long as you aren't trying to run it as a two-winner movement.

Ah, yes, hadn't thought of that! Though by the time I've gone to the trouble of arrow switching and having something irregular going on on the last round, I might as well have played the hesitation Mitchell in the first place ;)
"Pass is your friend" - my brother in law - who likes to bid a lot.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users