Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I thought this was fixed Georgi!

#1 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-29, 11:38

Some months ago I reported that GIB was way too inclined to hang partner for balancing when partner had already passed, trying for game with hands that cannot possibly belong in game when partner has limited his hand. Georgi reported that it had been fixed in a previous update, but apparently not.

The specific cards don't matter. Both partner and I held 4324 10 counts. I passed in first seat, around to 4th who opened 2D. I doubled. Rather than a simple and correct 2S call, GIB felt compelled to invite game through a lebensohl sequence. 3S was too high, unsurprisingly.

Also, a question. The lebensohl sequence over a double of a weak 2 - 2NT forcing 3C, then 3 of a major - is described as invitational with 4+ length. What would a direct jump to 3M show? This assuming partner was not a passed hand.

I personally play that both are invitational, with the leb sequence showing exactly 4 cards, the jump 5 or more. Obviously with more length, less high card strength would be required.

#2 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-29, 11:55

It would be considerably easier for them to handle things if you include the hand in question.

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-29, 12:20

iandayre, on 2014-July-29, 11:38, said:

Some months ago I reported that GIB was way too inclined to hang partner for balancing when partner had already passed, trying for game with hands that cannot possibly belong in game when partner has limited his hand. Georgi reported that it had been fixed in a previous update, but apparently not.

Nothing more recent jumps out at me, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Here is one of your early posts, and it does not appear that Georgi responded. http://www.bridgebas...__1#entry770708

However, a March 14, 2014 post includes:

BBO Today box said:

A new version of GIB is here! We call this Version 29. Please visit BBO Discussion Forum to discuss the robots. Main Changes:
  • GIB will no longer strive to reach game in competitive auctions when partner had already passed opps' bid and then tries to compete.

#4 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-July-29, 15:05

iandayre, on 2014-July-29, 11:38, said:

What would a direct jump to 3M show? This assuming partner was not a passed hand.

GF
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#5 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-29, 16:26

That is exactly the post I was talking about BBradley. I guess it didn't come from Georgi.

I wish I knew how to post hands and find old material the way you folks can, but I lack that skill.

#6 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-29, 22:00

Finding old material is even easier than posting hands. Go to Google (or whatever search engine you like), do a query as normal but add the following string (no quotation marks) to it: "site:bridgebase.com"
It instructs Google to only search pages that are from the bridgebase.com site, so it would search mostly the forums.

#7 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-29, 22:08

funny... I just type my key words (of at least 4 characters each) into the "Search" box at the top right of the forum screen, after selecting the appropriate forum.

#8 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-29, 22:42

Yeah, the "at least 4 characters each" thing gets me a lot (since you normally look for bids or conventions, both tend to be 2-3 letters long), so I just use Google exclusively. Its search is also generally better about also looking for synonyms.

#9 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2014-August-06, 13:58

Lebensohl sequence removed in v31 when double comes from passed hand.

So GIB will behave naturally and in particular case will just bid 2.

This includes also previously affected sequence like:

P - P - 2 - P
P - X - P - ? ( again naturally instead of Leb now ).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users