• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tournament Completion Percentage blocked from tournament registration

#21 User is offline   bridgkat 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-11, 20:19

Hi, I am new to playing in BBO. I was looking at my tournament completion rate and it seems low 83. I have not left any tournaments. What on earth is happening? I wish I understood better. Can someone tell me what is going on please?
Myra

#22 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-12, 19:17

View Postbridgkat, on 2020-April-11, 20:19, said:

Hi, I am new to playing in BBO. I was looking at my tournament completion rate and it seems low 83. I have not left any tournaments. What on earth is happening? I wish I understood better. Can someone tell me what is going on please?
Myra

When your TCR was calculated yesterday morning, you had played in 14 tourneys and finished 12 of them. The two tourneys you didn't finish were Express tourneys on March 31 and April 4.

I think people don't realize that being kicked out of an Express tourney because you don't play fast enough counts as leaving. Both the last two posts were from people who left express torneys.

#23 User is offline   dave1hall 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-April-20, 09:26

I have now played in 21 tournaments, mostly as a sub. My completion rate is still unknown.
I always wait until the tournament is over.
"When you finish the last board, if you leave the tourney or logout without waiting for BBO to move you into the lobby itself, the server thinks you bailed and counts it against you"
I just saw this comment. The screen turns white and nothing happens, so I return or log off. Is this counting against me?
Wish I had known about that "rule" before playing as a sub!!!
Any way to correct it??
Dave

#24 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-April-20, 17:13

I only see 10 tourneys in your history. Subbing doesn't count negatively or positively towards TCR.

If you get the blank screen or list of tables that are still playing at the end of the tourney you've been removed cleanly.

#25 User is offline   doxa1998 

• Pip

Posted 2020-April-27, 14:49

i'm used not to leave torunaments i've joined, but sometimes (expecially in match teams) some players leave suddenly (normally after a wrong bid...) and nobody joins in for many minutes, so normally after 4-5 minutes i tend to leave too. Also sometimes i lose connection or have slow conn so that i'm automatically expelled by the software.
It seems to me that in both cases my TCR is decreased but that seems a bit unfair from my pov...

#26 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-April-29, 18:05

Team games aren't included when calculating TCR.

If you're in a tournament and someone leaves, the TD should replace them with a substitute.

If you lose your connection, that's supposed to reduce your TCR. The TCR is intended to be an estimate of how likely you are to complete the tournament, versus leaving and requiring the TD to replace you. It's not a punishment for quitting, so it doesn't matter whether you leave intentionally or get disconnected. If you're disconnected frequently, you should have a low TCR.

Getting kicked out of an Express tournament because you don't bid or play in time also reduces your TCR. 4 of the 7 tournaments that you left in the past 2 months were Express.

#27 User is offline   agmaliza 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-08, 15:30

Hello Admin, I need your help :) my tournament completion rate is unknown all the time and I don't understand why? I played a lot of free daylong tournaments (maybe it happened that it wasn't finished) but I played a lot and finish them. I don't like to quit before finish. Tell me exactly for now what can I do to proper my situation? How many of them should I play (that is only 1 free daylong tournament a day) I am playing so many days and waiting something will happen with my tournament completion rate. I'm so upset I can't play for instance express automated fun. Please help!

#28 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-November-08, 19:36

Daylong tournaments aren't used in calculating TCR. Only human tournaments and robot duplicates.

#29 User is offline   Lowther1 

• Pip

Posted 2021-April-07, 17:46

View Postbarmar, on 2016-November-04, 10:25, said:

We only update your TCR when you've played at least 10 tourneys in the preceding 60 days. Being removed as a substitute doesn't count against you.

The last time you met the criteria to update your TCR was September 28. You'd played 23 tourneys, and left 4 of them, which is 17%. They were in mid-August: 1 speedball, 2 free automated fun, and 1 Geo - USA.

In the speedball you were a substitute, but it looks like you left on your own after playing 2 boards, because you weren't replaced by the original player.

#30 User is offline   Lowther1 

• Pip

Posted 2021-April-07, 17:48

My username is Ulsterfan. My TCR is 96%. I can’t recall 3ver leaving a tournament before the end. I play in BBO 7+ times per week

#31 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2021-April-09, 08:28

View PostLowther1, on 2021-April-07, 17:48, said:

My username is Ulsterfan. My TCR is 96%. I can’t recall 3ver leaving a tournament before the end. I play in BBO 7+ times per week

You dropped out of 3 Shandon Park Bridge Club tourneys in the past 2 months (Feb 18, Mar 25, Apr 1).

#32 User is offline   junski1 

• Pip

Posted 2021-May-24, 18:43

if start as a substitute, leave before end of the game, will affect TCR?

#33 User is online   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-May-25, 09:24

View Postjunski1, on 2021-May-24, 18:43, said:

if start as a substitute, leave before end of the game, will affect TCR?

View Postbarmar, on 2020-April-20, 17:13, said:

Subbing doesn't count negatively or positively towards TCR.

When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#34 User is offline   Yaya1234 

• Pip

Posted 2021-November-06, 15:13

I’m not allowed to play robot tournament. Why?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users