BBO Discussion Forums: GIB teaches me a lesson - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB teaches me a lesson does..not..compute.. terminate.. abort..

#1 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2015-April-29, 07:50

OK so I miscounted my keycards here (counted the K as well) and GIB knew I was lying. So it decided to punish me by passing my response! Now I know that making your program "idiotproof" is maybe not a top priority but I would not be amused by any real-life partner passing over 5 (OK that is because I knew they would be doing it out of spite and not because they genuinely don't know what to do). Could you implement a safety check of "if the human shows more keycards than he possibly have, let's assume we have 5" for the algebraically challenged like me? Thanks!

At the same time I know that from now on I will count my keycards extra carefully so perhaps this update is not necessary. (but I know it is :-S)

BTW the play problem in 5 is reasonably interesting although not so hard to make double-dummy.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-29, 09:29

View Postgwnn, on 2015-April-29, 07:50, said:

OK so I miscounted my keycards here (counted the K as well) and GIB knew I was lying. So it decided to punish me by passing my response! Now I know that making your program "idiotproof" is maybe not a top priority but I would not be amused by any real-life partner passing over 5 (OK that is because I knew they would be doing it out of spite and not because they genuinely don't know what to do). Could you implement a safety check of "if the human shows more keycards than he possibly have, let's assume we have 5" for the algebraically challenged like me? Thanks!

At the same time I know that from now on I will count my keycards extra carefully so perhaps this update is not necessary. (but I know it is :-S)

BTW the play problem in 5 is reasonably interesting although not so hard to make double-dummy.

Csaba please do not ask any more modification to GIB!!

What I think is, they should just simply "undo" all so called "improvements" made in last 3-4 upgrades. GIB was at least playable and I always agreed with Fred when he defended the idea which basically said the errs made by GIB was not worse than average players make irl. GIB used to xfer to 5 card minor then pass when we open NT and similar things. But we at least knew GIB had 5+ clubs. Now the explanation of the bids and the hand GIB actually holds, are like totally opposite of what is alerted. This alone makes it impossible to play with it. Idk why that is, but I started to believe the programmer or the guy who is employed to make these improvements is not the same person/people who used to do it. Whatever he/she is doing, he should be immediately stopped at all costs.

First thing first. When you are in a hole, stop digging it.

Because I love playing GIB events, for exactly the same reasons Fred explained on BW and here on BBF in past. I actually find it as the ultimate bridge, since we all play vs and against the same opps and pds. But this argument flies out of the window when GIB makes different leads, bids and totally false explanations of its bids, when the human action was same.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users