BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1072 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#21421 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted Today, 14:39

So have we all finally gotten tired of talking about Trump? The thread was idle over 3 weeks, and then only 1 post with no responses.

#21422 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted Today, 17:06

Because the forum's broken - it keeps crashing when you hit 'post'.
Non legit hoc

#21423 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted Today, 19:01

View Postbarmar, on 2024-April-22, 14:39, said:

So have we all finally gotten tired of talking about Trump? The thread was idle over 3 weeks, and then only 1 post with no responses.

My two daughters and one son-in-law came over for a while yesterday and we did talk a little about Trump. Not all that much. We all agree, and we all know that we all agree, so what''s to say? I think that's a bit of what's going on with the Trump thread here.

It could be a little interesting to speculate on just why Mike Johnson chose to bring this to a vote, defying some in his party. One thought: Before he was Speaker, he could shoot off his mouth and who cares. But now? He has power. He could bring it (the funding bills) to a vote, he could keep it from coming to a vote. I often fall into unjustified optimism, but perhaps he thought about whehter he really wanted to be the person who kept needed funding from happening. I have various regretd in my life but, for me, using my power to keep needed funding from happening would be a major regret to live with forever.

Hopiing that a politician, any politician, decides to do what is right simply because it is right is naive, I get that. One can hope.
Ken

• 1072 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

147 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 147 guests, 0 anonymous users