BBO Discussion Forums: Reserve spots for kibitzers - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reserve spots for kibitzers Allow "reserving" for kibitzers when setting up a table

#1 User is offline   JRG 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-February-16, 16:17

I, and I suspect many others, like to play set games using an invisible table. Sometimes we want to allow certain people to kibitz.

At the moment, the only way I know of handling this, is to set up the table and when I know someone wants to watch (either they have phoned me, it's pre-arranged or they have asked one of the people playing at the table who is not invisible to ask me), I temporarily make the table visible while that person joins. Unfortunately, this leaves a window of opportunity for other players to join the table (requiring permission opens up another problem... an avalanche of requests that overwhelms my ability to deal with them).

What would be really nice, is to have 2 or 3 (or maybe 4 to 6?) slots that can be used to enter players' names. This would be visible when setting up a table, much like the player positions are. In a similar way, the players could be invited to join to kibitz. That way the table could be set up in advance to allow certain players to watch. Presumably, clicking on the "Table" button would allow adding or removing a kibitzer, just like a player.
JRG

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-February-17, 10:23

Just tell them to click on your name (or one of the other players) and use "Join JRG's Table" to get to you. They can do this if they're following you (unless you login invisible) or you send them a chat message.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users