Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RHO opens 2S, None Vul at IMP's

#1 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-07, 11:24

You are playing the most common version of Lebensohl over weak twos. None vul at IMP's you hold K642, KJT5, AKJx, A. RHO opens 2S. Your action? If you double and partner bids 2NT, (about 8 or fewer HCP, requests takeout to 3C but does not promise that suit), then what?

#2 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-07, 18:33

double and bid 3nt. you've even right-sided it in case partner's got qx or jx in spades.

yes it might go 5 off or something but you have to assume partner has some points when they pre-empt or you'll get nowhere.

the only other option would be to downgrade the hand to a 2nt overcall. that would be rather negative. you want partner to declarer to no-trumps to protect any minor spade honours he has and you want to get hearts in the game, so it's not my cup of tea.

#3 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-08, 09:30

View Postwank, on 2018-June-07, 18:33, said:

double and bid 3nt. you've even right-sided it in case partner's got qx or jx in spades.

It would be extremely rare to have wrong sided 3nt opposite either of those holdings which would allow you to downgrade to a 2nt overcall. In fact you may have 2 spade stoppers opposite Jx by playing from your side, not that they need to give you 2 winners.

However I think this hand is much too strong for that and would raise 2nt to 3nt. Partner can pull with a good enough reason that would always include 0-1 spade and if we land on our heads so be it and I expect some company.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#4 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2018-June-09, 23:00

Id honestly just overcall 2N. Trying to right side when partner has exactly Qx seems like a narrow target.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#5 User is offline   apollo1201 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-10, 01:52

I’d downgrade a little too (singleton A not always the greatest card) and bid 2NT to avoid the « have I done enough » syndrom over a 2NT Lebsnsohl. And the C singleton is screaming that the auction will get awkward over the Lebensohl. Xing also obliges you to decide what to do over the answer from partner.
2NT has more straightforward follow-ups and will ease the sequence. If partner has ~7+, he won’t let you down. If he has less, we will probably play there which will be no worse than 3C in 5-1. Or 3NT with 19+4. We can also find back the H with Stayman. Only downside is a weak partner with a 4 or 5-cd red suit. Be it. Preeempts work sometimes...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users