• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Keystone Cops

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-February-25, 10:24

View Postblackshoe, on 2020-February-24, 11:23, said:

It's still on the card at the ACBL website.

You're right. For some reason I remembered it being to the left of "Card-showing", and when I glanced at a CC I didn't see it there, and didn't look to the right.

Maybe it used to be red, indicating that they needed to alert their doubles, and it has since been made unalertable.

But I still maintain that the players who need to check it mostly don't understand that they're doing it. If you don't know the normal shape for a T/O double, you don't realize that you're off-shape.

#22 User is offline   VixTD 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-02, 07:26

View Postjhenrikj, on 2020-February-21, 06:14, said:

Eh, what? 2 was insufficient, it was prematurely replaced by 2NT, 2NT is not a comparable call, nor does 27B1(a) apply so South is barred for the rest of the auction (when east decided not to accept 2).

So 2NT down one.

I don't think this is enough. Others have commented on the threadbare nature of North's hand, so don't you think that North could have known that forcing partner to pass 2NT would work out well for their side? Let them play it out in 2NT, but then adjust the score under laws 27C and 12C to 3NT-2.

#23 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-March-02, 07:48

View PostVixTD, on 2020-March-02, 07:26, said:

I don't think this is enough. Others have commented on the threadbare nature of North's hand, so don't you think that North could have known that forcing partner to pass 2NT would work out well for their side? Let them play it out in 2NT, but then adjust the score under laws 27C and 12C to 3NT-2.

I assume you mean 72C and 12C.

#24 User is offline   jhenrikj 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-March-02, 14:23

View PostVixTD, on 2020-March-02, 07:26, said:

So if South holds 20hcp you think playing in 2NT is good for them? You have to show that north knows playing in 2NT will be favourable, not that it might be.

Move all west`s hcp to south, do you want to play 2NT now?

#25 User is offline   VixTD 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-March-04, 08:03

View Postjhenrikj, on 2020-March-02, 14:23, said:

So if South holds 20hcp you think playing in 2NT is good for them? You have to show that north knows playing in 2NT will be favourable, not that it might be.

Move all west`s hcp to south, do you want to play 2NT now?

Yes, OK, I think you're right in this case, although I would say you have to show that North knows it could well be favourable, not will be favourable. If it's only wrong when you move all West's high cards to South, it's quite likely to be favourable.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users