• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who Gets Hurt? Justin Amash Announces Probable Run

#1 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2020-April-29, 18:53

With one-time Republican now Independent Justin Amash announcing a presidential run possible, which major candidate would he hurt/help the most, Trump or Biden?

Edit: If you don't know him, Justin Amash left the Republican party after loudly criticizing Trump and became an independent. He is strongly libertarian and is a Congressman from Michigan. https://en.wikipedia...ki/Justin_Amash

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-29, 23:02

Don't know for sure but he could get Mish Bailey as his running mate Mish/Amash What a team!!

#3 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-30, 02:38

There are some reports in US media that Jesse Ventura is hoping to be the official Green party candidate (Link).

Usually (I believe) a strong Green Party candidate hurts the chances of the Democrat side. However, this time around the whole situation has turned topsy turvy due to Trump's mad antics and it is possible that older Republican voters may choose to switch to a candidate like Jesse.

I don't know anything about Justin Amash. He sounds like one of those candidates who will be largely invisible in the election dynamics.

#4 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-30, 02:53

Of course, why not Jesse Ventura. In most countries, qualifications for high office are valued but in America, retired professional wrestlers and actors seem to take pole (poll?) position: Trump, Reagan, Ventura, Schwarzenegger have I missed anyone? Of course, you can't be President unless you were born in America because the dynastic inheritance of political office is a bad thing. What a great system of government. No wonder Peter Sellers did such a great job in Being There.

#5 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-30, 04:06

View Postshyams, on 2020-April-30, 02:38, said:

There are some reports in US media that Jesse Ventura is hoping to be the official Green party candidate (Link).

Usually (I believe) a strong Green Party candidate hurts the chances of the Democrat side. However, this time around the whole situation has turned topsy turvy due to Trump's mad antics and it is possible that older Republican voters may choose to switch to a candidate like Jesse.

I don't know anything about Justin Amash. He sounds like one of those candidates who will be largely invisible in the election dynamics.

I stand corrected: The Libertarian candidate in the 2016 Presidential elections won 3 times the votes won by the Green Party. So perhaps Justin Amash is relevant; I don't know enough to even guess who he will hurt more.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users