Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

CV19 and Bridge Clubs

#1 User is offline   euclidz 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-07, 11:45

I watch the news and I follow the (UK) stats. There is lots of discussion on lifting restrictions and how that will happen. I play golf and I play Bridge. I can see a sensible argument for lifting the restrictions on golf (it's easy to keep 2m away from others and it's good healthy exercise). I can't see any way we can play (f2f) Bridge whilst maintaining 2M from each other and not touching cards etc., touched by others and so I can't see any good argument for lifting the restrictions on opening the Bridge Club. And, unless there is some form of miracle discovery I can't see an end to this until mid summer 2021 (earliest). So what are the options?

I've played regularly on BBO for the past 5 years and enjoyed it and I am VERY grateful to BBO and the staff at BBO for the facility/service/resource but it has (IMO) under the sheer weight of numbers, become a bit chaotic. If Mr BBO asked my opinion (and I am not holding my breath) I would suggest creating a dozen different 'Clubs' based on Systems played and degrees of competence. I don't expect that's going to happen so my question is - what else is there? Is there (for example) a platform out there where I could set up my Club in a Virtual game i.e. set up a movement for x tables playing y boards starting at an appointed time and resulting in winners and losers?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-07, 13:10

I'm sorry, but I think I have to close this thread.

First, it's in the wrong forum, it probably should be in General Bridge Forum. I would have moved it, except...

Second, we don't permit promotion of competing services to BBO.

We have a change coming soon that should increase BBO capacity significantly, and should allow us to relax some of the restrictions we've been imposing. So you may soon be able to run your club games here.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users