BBO Discussion Forums: Clicking on "Take me to the first seat available" - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Clicking on "Take me to the first seat available"

#1 User is offline   CeciD 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-13, 15:17

If I click on "Take me to the first seat available" in the casual section, will it take me to the relaxed bridge club or might I be going where people are more competitive? I would like to know how to find a table of people who are just playing for fun and not taking it too seriously. I have tried clicking on relaxed bridge club and then looking at people's profiles to see if they are beginners. Then I chat the table host asking if I might sit, but rarely (not sure if ever) get a reply. Suggestions?

#2 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-13, 15:42

View PostCeciD, on 2020-September-13, 15:17, said:

If I click on "Take me to the first seat available" in the casual section, will it take me to the relaxed bridge club or might I be going where people are more competitive? I would like to know how to find a table of people who are just playing for fun and not taking it too seriously. I have tried clicking on relaxed bridge club and then looking at people's profiles to see if they are beginners. Then I chat the table host asking if I might sit, but rarely (not sure if ever) get a reply. Suggestions?

Some suggestions:

1. do use "Take me to the first seat available" quite often until you start to know people or decide that playing at tables is not for you.

2. do not waste time looking for tables of beginners, they might be fun (or not) but they are only going to make the difficult business of learning bridge even harder.

3. do not brood about abuse and criticism

4. learn to use History so that you can spot where and when you did go wrong

5. do not lose faith, there are some fun and helpful people out there :)

#3 User is offline   CeciD 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-September-13, 16:30

View Postpescetom, on 2020-September-13, 15:42, said:

Some suggestions:

1. do use "Take me to the first seat available" quite often until you start to know people or decide that playing at tables is not for you.

2. do not waste time looking for tables of beginners, they might be fun (or not) but they are only going to make the difficult business of learning bridge even harder.

3. do not brood about abuse and criticism

4. learn to use History so that you can spot where and when you did go wrong

5. do not lose faith, there are some fun and helpful people out there :)

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I do feel terrible when I bring the level of the game down or when people keep leaving my table. I am always so thankful when someone stays. I am continuing to read books and watch youtube videos on bridge, but it's a bit overwhelming. I'm going to try to focus on one thing at a time...like this week I reread a book on defense and am hoping to practice what I've read. If only I could remember things better...but I guess use it or lose it! And I read somewhere to remind myself that bridge is fun BECAUSE it is hard.

#4 User is offline   Allan3nt 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-07, 01:52

I’ve just found your post. I have just written virtually the same thing myself. It can feel overwhelming and intimidating. Trying to find a friendly table can be really hard and you’re right you don’t want to ruin someone else’s game. I’ve posted to BBO to see if they can do something to support us. Prime was supposed to be for us but I feel it’s misused. So we’re left with robots and solitaire. Don’t know what the answer is especially as I don’t have a regular partner. Good luck anyway

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users