BBO Discussion Forums: Trying again for an answer from BBO - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trying again for an answer from BBO

#1 User is offline   dave251164 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-November-18, 09:03

Hi

When I asked when Bingos would be in the new BBO version last November, I was told that "There are no plans to completely discontinue bridge bingo, it's just not very simple to convert it to html -- it will be done in the next upgrades".
They still don't appear to be there nearly a year later, ready for us to use the new version?
When will they be there please?
Thanks

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-November-18, 23:44

It's still not high up on our priorities.

A year ago was before the pandemic, priorities have changed.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes back. Sorry.

#3 User is offline   otangu 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-19, 04:31

View Postbarmar, on 2020-November-18, 23:44, said:

It's still not high up on our priorities.

A year ago was before the pandemic, priorities have changed.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes back. Sorry.

Another task of high priority should be to modernize the Robot (GIB) to adopt current practice of the game around the globe. At least, it should claim the hand whenever possible. In today's Pandemic environment more emphasis needs to be given to improve it. After all, it's a source of revenue for BBO.

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-19, 05:39

View Postotangu, on 2020-November-19, 04:31, said:

Another task of high priority should be to modernize the Robot (GIB) to adopt current practice of the game around the globe. At least, it should claim the hand whenever possible. In today's Pandemic environment more emphasis needs to be given to improve it. After all, it's a source of revenue for BBO.

GIB use is at all time highs due to increased online players. Honestly, improved GIBs aren't going to substantially increase revenue. Spending a lot of money on programming fixes and improvements just decreases profits. And with apparently effective vaccines due in a few months (hope, hope, hope) there should be a large decrease in online play once things get back closer to normal times.

#5 User is offline   Joe_Old 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-November-19, 08:37

View Postjohnu, on 2020-November-19, 05:39, said:

GIB use is at all time highs due to increased online players. Honestly, improved GIBs aren't going to substantially increase revenue. Spending a lot of money on programming fixes and improvements just decreases profits. And with apparently effective vaccines due in a few months (hope, hope, hope) there should be a large decrease in online play once things get back closer to normal times.

I wonder about that. There was a dedicated group of BBO players before the pandemic who will no doubt continue on BBO after f2f resumes. There is almost certainly another group who "discovered" BBO over the last few months and will continue to play, thus permanently raising BBO's number of daily users (over pre-pandemic numbers) for the foreseeable future. It should be BBO's corporate plan to maximize that second group. Thus, it is in BBO's best interests to enhance it's platform to keep new players interested.

I don't know what BBO has done to analyze it's client base, but I'd be surprised if it isn't projecting post pandemic scenarios in terms of contest format, robot play, graphics and everything else to try to maximize it's income.

So, yeah, bringing back Bingo and improving GIB will make it more likely that I will stay a customer.

#6 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-19, 08:54

It’s important to correct the spellcheck when it has its own ideas about what you meant to say.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users