Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team Match Setup

#1 User is offline   rmunson1 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-26, 09:19

This is new as of yesterday.  It works, but it works very very differently and not in a good way.

When you click 'create team match' the window closes.  There used to be an option to close the window after creating the match, or leave window there if you don't close it.  Leaving it there is far far better for 2 reasons:

• Sometimes invitees decline and you need to reissue. Creating the team match is tedious, and closing the window means that you get to do it all over again, for no reason other than that is the new way that it works.
  • Sometimes I create a short team match (4 boards) and then 7 more using the same players, just moving to different seats (to create an individual movement - which is another issue).  I keep the window open through 24 boards, but can close it after the 7th round is started because I am done, there will be no more.  But, now that it closes after 1 click on 'create team match' I get to do it all over again. And, if any one declines, then I get to redo that one too.

Is it possible to revert to the old way?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-November-26, 17:33

This is a known problem with the latest version, we're investigating.

#3 User is offline   davetarsky 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-December-03, 16:02

Thank you for asking the question. This causes real problems when someone does not accept. I thought +nokill+ would keep it open, but no

#4 User is offline   viking1 

• Pip

Posted 2020-December-15, 05:28

I too have issues with Team-match creation. First though, I would like to thank BBO for the team-match option. We use it with pleassure !

It seems like a new requirement (1-2 weeks) that all the players you invite must have you as a friend (Blue listing at your site, - not grey as worked earlier). I assume that I can only invite people that I have as my friends, but I have not tested it. I can understand the reason for this, but it came as a surprice and my tourn did not happen. I have not found this ducumented anywhere.

It is my understanding that all 8 players in a team-match must be ready at the same time to accept the invitation. As the invitation pop-up message only is shown a short period (a few seconds)then many players will miss the invitation and the tourn must be recreated. Correct ? Also, it often happens that players by mistake hit the "decline" button instead of "accept". How to handle his situation ? Maybe an option to change the seat of the "declined"-player with another player without the need to re-create the whole Tourn. Or send a second invitation or .... ?

It is very difficult to test different requirements/options here, because I would need 7 more players that all be ready at the same time for just my testing. Can I maybe use 6 robots and a second userID for just testing Tourn-creation while learning how to cope with difficulties as the above mentioned ?

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-December-15, 13:46

We hope to have a fix for this soon. We tried deploying the version with this fixed this morning, but it ran into some other problems and we had to revert.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users