BBO Discussion Forums: Teaching Table help pleeeezze - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Teaching Table help pleeeezze two days, 6 hours and still can't work it out.

#1 User is offline   Wainfleet 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-April-17, 08:09

I have spent hours on this, over two days, in four sessions, without success. Each time I have uploaded a lin file and can see all the boards in the folder I have created. I can recognise all the hands I prepared. When I then test it by setting up a teaching table with me sitting North and South and two robots , I click the blue hamburger and then "Deal Source" and then "saved deals". I can see my folder but when I click on it and then click 'select' button top right, I don't get any indication that that it has been selected, and no 'close' button appears. All I can do is click the X to shut down the window. I then click 'redeal' to start the session but all I get is random deals.
I must be doing something stupid. Please help.

#2 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-April-17, 09:34

View PostWainfleet, on 2021-April-17, 08:09, said:

I have spent hours on this, over two days, in four sessions, without success. Each time I have uploaded a lin file and can see all the boards in the folder I have created. I can recognise all the hands I prepared. When I then test it by setting up a teaching table with me sitting North and South and two robots , I click the blue hamburger and then "Deal Source" and then "saved deals". I can see my folder but when I click on it and then click 'select' button top right, I don't get any indication that that it has been selected, and no 'close' button appears. All I can do is click the X to shut down the window. I then click 'redeal' to start the session but all I get is random deals.
I must be doing something stupid. Please help.

All I can tell you is that it works for me using the exact same steps you describe. I just tried it three times with three different folders and it worked every time.

#3 User is offline   Wainfleet 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2021-April-17, 09:45

View PostChas_P, on 2021-April-17, 09:34, said:

All I can tell you is that it works for me using the exact same steps you describe. I just tried it three times with three different folders and it worked every time.

Hi Chas,
Thanks - that suggests it's something at my end.
just so I am clear, when you clicked 'deal source' and then clicked your chosen folder and then clicked 'select' top right, did you get any indicator that your selection was acknowledged, or did you just assume your selection has been recognised and click the X button to shut the window? I find it a bit odd that I don't get any indicator.

#4 User is offline   Wainfleet 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2021-April-17, 09:57

View PostChas_P, on 2021-April-17, 09:34, said:

The selected folder changes colour from mustard to pale blue when I click on it. but the 'select' text (top right) doesn't change colour or become bold when I click it. The window remains exactly the same, as if I hadn't clicked 'select'. When I checked the BBO On-Line help it shows an older version where, having selected the folder, a blue 'close' button appears at the bottom of the window. That blue button does not appear on my PC.
https://www.bridgeba...ared-deals.html

#5 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-April-17, 11:11

View PostWainfleet, on 2021-April-17, 09:45, said:

Hi Chas,
Thanks - that suggests it's something at my end.
just so I am clear, when you clicked 'deal source' and then clicked your chosen folder and then clicked 'select' top right, did you get any indicator that your selection was acknowledged, or did you just assume your selection has been recognised and click the X button to shut the window? I find it a bit odd that I don't get any indicator.

When you click 'select' it glows for a second so I assume that's an acknowledgment. Then I just close that window, click the blue 'hamburger' button and Redeal. The first deal in the folder is dealt.

#6 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-April-17, 14:31

If you want to check that the table is correctly set up quickly, you can bypass the deal source method.
Open the folder, click on any hand and look at the three white lines (hamburger) in the box that contains the hand. Not the Table Hamburger.
When you click that "hamburger" - assuming you have set up the table correctly - you will see a new option - "upload deal to table" - do that.

This also works for any hand in your history area. You don't have to save them to the archive first. Obviously not useful for prepared deals.

#7 User is offline   Wainfleet 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2021-April-17, 23:41

Many thanks all.

Yep, it was a problem at my end - now I DO feel stupid.
I was highlighting the folder first (turns blue), then 'select', (like you would would with 'cut and paste') then closing the window using X, then 'redeal'.
Just did it the other way way round, pressing 'select' and then highlighting the folder, and it works. One track mind!!!

#8 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-April-18, 00:40

View PostWainfleet, on 2021-April-17, 23:41, said:

Many thanks all.

Yep, it was a problem at my end - now I DO feel stupid.
I was highlighting the folder first (turns blue), then 'select', (like you would would with 'cut and paste') then closing the window using X, then 'redeal'.
Just did it the other way way round, pressing 'select' and then highlighting the folder, and it works. One track mind!!!

Well, that's one track better than...

#9 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-April-18, 00:42

Speaking of Hamburgers though I just came across this article...
https://www.howtogee...er-menu-button/

#10 User is offline   msamani 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-April-18, 06:00

Hi,

The key step is to click on Redeal AFTER you have selected the folder. Because, before then, it will have dealt a random Board 1. The Redeal is required to pick up your deal file.

Thanks.. Meena

#11 User is offline   msamani 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-April-18, 06:00

Hi,

The key step is to click on Redeal AFTER you have selected the folder. Because, before then, it will have dealt a random Board 1. The Redeal is required to pick up your deal file.

Thanks.. Meena

#12 User is offline   dsLawsd 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-April-18, 21:37

You may feel bad, but you are not stupid at all!
Talking through a problem shows intelligence!
And we learned something.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users