• You cannot reply to this topic

Bridge playing robots

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-April-10, 14:18

Hi all

Please bear with me

Imagine you and a couple of other Bridge enthusiasts are sitting around a table with a couple of packs of cards desperate for a game of Bridge missing a 4th player who understood at least the basics of a number of systems and was a competent player

Two players looking looking very forlorn until the third rummages around in a case and produces a robot player, capable of shuffling, l, card playing and decent bidding, and sits it at the the table in the fourth seat. Starts shuffling cards, asking who wants to be partners etc. Even the occasional witty remark and decent knowledge of current affairs to engage in conversation.

Does such a useful robotic player exist

P

#2 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2022-April-10, 14:22

thepossum, on 2022-April-10, 14:18, said:

Hi all

Please bear with me

Imagine you and a couple of other Bridge enthusiasts are sitting around a table with a couple of packs of cards desperate for a game of Bridge missing a 4th player who understood at least the basics of a number of systems and was a competent player

Two players looking looking very forlorn until the third rummages around in a case and produces a robot player, capable of shuffling, l, card playing and decent bidding, and sits it at the the table in the fourth seat. Starts shuffling cards, asking who wants to be partners etc. Even the occasional witty remark and decent knowledge of current affairs to engage in conversation.

P

I can’t say none exists, since my exposure is limited to BBO. However, on BBO the answer is a resounding NO
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#3 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2022-April-10, 17:32

thepossum, on 2022-April-10, 14:18, said:

These do:

https://www.youtube....h?v=RuX0xpv2zQc

#4 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-April-28, 04:45

jack is good enough unless you are a top international in my opinion. Unless you play forcing pass or similar. Qplus is also good enough but not as good as jack but maybe plays a bit more human like guessing what jacks dbls mean is a bit hard sometimes. wbridge is also good enough if you are french and can stand its insane stayman.

#5 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-April-28, 06:57

nullve, on 2022-April-10, 17:32, said:

hehe :) Though you will always know who has the Ace of Spades...lol

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users