BBO Discussion Forums: Opener's call after 2/1 is interfered - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Opener's call after 2/1 is interfered

#21 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-April-25, 12:57

View PostDavidKok, on 2022-April-24, 13:29, said:

I think this is simple and effective, but has two weak points. Firstly the difference between double and 2NT is not clear - do you double with good diamonds, so 2NT implies exactly a single stopper? I would rather pass more often and bid 2NT less often.

Double if it looks probable we can score better defending than playing NT from own side: depends a lot on zone as well as our evaluation of the diamonds holding and of course partner is involved in the choice. I think pass will be at least as well loaded as 2NT, considering the frequency of 5-card spades with no stopper.

View PostDavidKok, on 2022-April-24, 13:29, said:

Secondly the auction 1-(P)-2*-(2); 3 is not an economic use of bidding space, even with 2/1 GF. I think it would be easiest to play 'system on', so "If you would have responded 3, do so now as well" but slightly better to move some of those hands to pass as well, e.g. the 5=1=3=4 minima can pass then support clubs.

I think this depends mainly upon the quality of the 4+ clubs, if the suit is stopped then they should be shown. I agree that weak 4 or even 5 card could pass.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users