• You cannot reply to this topic

Quick annotate and save tool

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-June-16, 14:43

Hi

Apologies if its been asked for previously and if such a tool/addon exists

Often in the middle of a tourney a hand raises an issue (particularly bidding) but there is not really time to save and note or flag the deals

Does such a tool exist. All I know is the save option which doesnt work easily for that purpose or a pencil and paper

(EDIT I will be starting a thread somewhere about the Impossible Spade for example. It seemed to bear no relation to the hand)
(EDIT 2 That's assuming I can find the hand - how about a search for hands with strange bids tool)

P

#2 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-June-16, 14:50

View Postthepossum, on 2022-June-16, 14:43, said:

Often in the middle of a tourney a hand raises an issue (particularly bidding) but there is not really time to save and note or flag the deals

Does such a tool exist. All I know is the save option which doesnt work easily for that purpose or a pencil and paper

Not sure why you should want to save, the hand is already in your history or myhands.
But I agree it would be useful to be able to annotate the hand rather than rely on pencil and paper (maybe also specify if annotation is visible to partner or not).

#3 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-June-16, 14:57

Its about finding the hand afterwards

In Daylongs you often have to wait almost 24 hours to access them
In other tourneys you dont have time. Its about specific bids in a deal, or specific plays in a deal

EDIT Like an "I didn't have a clue what this meant" tool or "I didn't know what to do here" tool or "why did partner do that" tool

#4 User is online   pescetom 

Posted 2022-June-16, 15:10

View Postthepossum, on 2022-June-16, 14:57, said:

Its about finding the hand afterwards

In Daylongs you often have to wait almost 24 hours to access them
In other tourneys you dont have time. Its about specific bids in a deal, or specific plays in a deal

Never played a Daylong and assume you are right.
But if you have to wait 24 hours to access a specific hand, maybe there is a good reason?
If so then you can't expect a tool, if not then just ask them to fix the delay?
In the tournaments I play, there is almost always a full history the morning after, but it would be nice to see a boxed annotation over the problem hands (and maybe even be able to see partner's annotations should she so wish).

#5 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-June-16, 15:35

After you have played the hand, while it's still in your History panel, go to Export -> Send to Member, and send it to yourself. You can add a comment there, and it will show up in your mail box.

#6 User is online   pescetom 

Posted 2022-June-16, 15:51

View Postsmerriman, on 2022-June-16, 15:35, said:

After you have played the hand, while it's still in your History panel, go to Export -> Send to Member, and send it to yourself. You can add a comment there, and it will show up in your mail box.

Fair enough, but it's not really what I would like.
I'm happy to run throught the whole tournament in History, would just like to see the problems hands flagged with my annotation (and equivalent of partner if we are still on speaking terms).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users