BBO Discussion Forums: Concerns about browser security and privacy - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Concerns about browser security and privacy

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-October-01, 22:21

Apparently there is a connection between the BBO Web App in one tab and the forums in another tab - on the same browser. Doesn't appear to go across browsers, unless maybe they haven't synced to each other yet

Another perspective is that it could suggest the suspicion of two of me

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-October-02, 01:33

If you permit cookies (your choice) it is possible that the forums and BBO application use the same cookie to persist your logins. As they are run by the same company, I don't see this as a security or privacy concern.

Of course, if you provided more details then we could comment more sensibly. You could also argue that it's your browser's fault if your browser doesn't behave as you like.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-October-03, 15:31

What enhancement are you trying to suggest?

There's no relationship between the forum connection and the app connection. The app uses websockets. The forum uses HTTP.

Also, the forum is a third-party application. The only relation it has with the rest of BBO is that it authenticates logins using our user database.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users