Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Delta

#1 User is offline   DinDIP 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-10, 00:11

I'm looking for information about non-relay auctions in Delta, Slawinski's system that has one bid for BAL/semi-BAL hands and others for hands with singletons or voids. I've read Slawinski's 1979 booklet Delta and the even shorter description in Slawinski's and Ruminski's Introduction to Weak Opening Systems and Regres System but only relay auctions are discussed. My initial thinking is to play
step = relay
step+1 = weak relay, less than INV, NF
new suit = NAT, NF, suggests 6+card suit if opposite shortness and five cards otherwise.
However, if one of the shortness openings shows a minor-suit shortage (so different from Slawinski's recommended structure) then there look to be advantages in artificial responses that show major-suit length.

Has anyone tried Delta or a Delta-like system? How did you develop both competitive and non-competitive auctions?

#2 User is offline   Kungsgeten 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-10, 05:50

To me it seems reasonable to play some kind of transfer structure over 1C (8-12 no shortness). Using responses at the two-level as "to play" seems okay. Not sure regarding the shortness-showing openings.

#3 User is offline   SDesert 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-January-08, 14:55

DinDIP, on 2021-February-10, 00:11, said:

I'm looking for information about non-relay auctions in Delta, Slawinski's system that has one bid for BAL/semi-BAL hands and others for hands with singletons or voids. I've read Slawinski's 1979 booklet Delta and the even shorter description in Slawinski's and Ruminski's Introduction to Weak Opening Systems and Regres System but only relay auctions are discussed. My initial thinking is to play
step = relay
step+1 = weak relay, less than INV, NF
new suit = NAT, NF, suggests 6+card suit if opposite shortness and five cards otherwise.
However, if one of the shortness openings shows a minor-suit shortage (so different from Slawinski's recommended structure) then there look to be advantages in artificial responses that show major-suit length.

Has anyone tried Delta or a Delta-like system? How did you develop both competitive and non-competitive auctions?

I also read Introduction to Weak Opening Systems and Regres System and also feel a miss in example auctions. In the meantime, i found that Slawinski and Ruminski also edited a book with their auctions to an auction contest in 1974 that they won. Unfortunately the book is unreachable. Would anyone have true auctions from Delta and/or Regres in contests?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users