BBO Discussion Forums: Bridge score calculator App (iPhone/iPad) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bridge score calculator App (iPhone/iPad)

#1 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-March-23, 08:59

I have written a small iPhone/iPad app to calculate scores in the hopes that beginners get the hang of when to make sacrifice bids more quickly.

It has no data or internet access so it couldn't be safer.

It will remain free - cross my heart... - and is stable. If you are willing to download the beta version (only available on Apple devices that are relatively up-to-date) then you can do so here:

https://testflight.a...m/join/YVOYCa3S

You may even find it as useful as I did Posted Image.

Thanks in advance,

Alan

*** update - because for whatever reason it's not possible to post an answer in the thread ***
Thanks for pointing this out @blackshoe. I think this rule only applies to Duplicate Bridge (EBU, ACBL…) not contract bridge in general. And certainly not for bridge lessons or practice. But I’m grateful for the feedback as the intention is certainly not to enable cheating so I’ll add a warning to the app to make this clear.

Apple has now released the Calculator App on the App Store App Store for iPads, iPhones (and Vision Pro).
Many thanks to those of you who signed up for testing and gave feedback. The App remains free.

https://apps.apple.c...or/id6478444840

This post has been edited by alanrick: 2024-April-08, 00:55

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-April-04, 07:26

I suppose you can do what you want in some games, but..

Law 40B2{d}: Unless the Regulating Authority provides otherwise a player is not entitled to any aids to his memory, calculation or technique during the auction period and play.

--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users