Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Messages not being delivered

#1 User is offline   learning 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-31, 06:18

Has anyone experienced that their messages being sent on BBO are not being delivered or received by the target recepient?
A member says they have sent out several messages, but it appears that the recipients are not receiving them.
I have never found that happening -- so I am curious if there is an issue?
Has anyone experienced this? If so under what circumstances does that happen?

#2 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-March-31, 13:45

They are not delivered if you are not allowed to.msg the person, for example because they are playing a tournament.

Also, if they are online but away from their computer, they may be logged out for inactivivity and at that point the message is lost
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#3 User is offline   learning 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-31, 16:19

Hi Helene
Thanks for the response, but I am very much aware of those restrictions (Been on BBO for 25 years! :) )
This is a situation where the member is actually getting the message "mail deliver" -- one gets that if the member is not online so it becomes the offline message, that the member can pick up the next time they log on. But the other member claims they have received nothing.
This is something that has never happened to me and I have not heard any other member say it happened to them; hence I am checking if anyone else has experienced it.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-April-11, 09:43

Are you talking about chat messages or mail messages?

Chat messages won't be delivered if they have you marked as "Ignore". Sometimes people do this by accident, make sure they haven't done this to you.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users