• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Server 2 Feedback Thread Help us test our new backup server

#81 User is offline   oops sry p 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-July-07, 09:30

THANK YOU for the phony BBO $s.

While at BETA bidding table, I clicked on the BBO$ button. Then on Account Activity.

I got booted right out of BETA BBO, then was automatically signed in again on Regular BBO. I haven't read through the whole thread but I expect that this has happened to others.

#82 User is offline   oops sry p 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-July-07, 11:30

Teaching table all working as expected. Used robots.

Undo doesn't not undo for host is s/he is sitting at the table and asking for themselves. But it works the same on Reg BBO.

#83 User is offline   oops sry p 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-July-07, 11:51

Finished Challenge against robot. All went as expected. No results were shown in the history but results appeared at the end of challenge.

#84 User is offline   cyrenman 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-July-07, 11:52

View Postoops sry p, on 2024-July-07, 09:23, said:

Profile not showing emoticoms as on reg BBO - no big deal

To be a little more specific, Unicode emoji, like the 🥸 and 🫤 in Babz's profile, aren't working in user profiles on the new server. This is what that profile looks like to me:
Posted Image
However, these emoji are working in chat. (This is in Firefox on a Windows 10 PC, if that matters.)

The BBO emoticons, such as the auto-generated ones for
:)
and
:P
work normally everywhere on the new server.

Follow-up that might be more about the forums than the new server: the two emoji were displaying properly in the post, but when I edited it to add the bit about Firefox, they turned into �� and ��. To get them to display properly, I had to edit this post with the full editor and add them back in again.

#85 User is offline   oops sry p 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-July-07, 11:53

Robot Rebate - all went as expected. No results were shown in the history while I was playing. I withdrew before the end of tourney (which slayed me as I was at 100% - LOL)

#86 User is offline   cyrenman 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-July-07, 11:55

View Postoops sry p, on 2024-July-07, 09:30, said:

While at BETA bidding table, I clicked on the BBO$ button. Then on Account Activity.

I got booted right out of BETA BBO, then was automatically signed in again on Regular BBO. I haven't read through the whole thread but I expect that this has happened to others.

I don't see a mention of this earlier in the thread, but I can confirm this happens to me too.

#87 User is offline   cyrenman 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-July-07, 12:15

View Postdiana_eva, on 2024-July-07, 08:21, said:

Looks like we could bang some more on :

- team matches
- ACBL human pairs
- Express.

In rest, it seems nobody managed to break anything yet -- good news!

I created a team match, and the creation process seemed normal. I didn't reserve any seats. After a minute or so, I sat down in one of the seats, but I was unable to leave it. Clicking on my username at the table did nothing, and the "back" button in the top left was grayed out. Eventually, the only method I could figure out to leave was to destroy the match entirely.

I was able to register for an ACBL human pairs event by logging in with two accounts (my main account, plus cyrenman01 that's used to kibitz team matches for streaming).
  • Both accounts joined the partnership desk, and that all looked normal. ✅
  • The cyrenman account registered and paid for both players. ✅
  • The cyrenman01 account doesn't have an associated ACBL number, and it got a pop-up message double-checking that and prompting me to enter an ACBL number if I have one. ✅
  • The cyrenman account added a convention card, and for both accounts, the button changed to "Show Convention Card" accordingly. ✅
  • Both accounts get the "Error loading Convention Card" when I try to view the card. ❌
Unfortunately, there haven't been enough people online this afternoon for the ACBL pairs or an Express tournament to actually start.
Other notes:
  • Overall, when testing other functionality like solitaire play, Bridge Master, and playing in a couple of the casual rooms with three robots, the server doesn't seem slower than the actual one, despite the warnings above. Maybe that's just because it has a lot less work to do right now without thousands of users :)
  • There was one exception: I played the same Robot Rebate that oops sry p did. I confirmed that the basic play functions were working, then withdrew after the first board. After I clicked "Withdraw" and then confirmed that I did want to withdraw, nothing happened for about 10 seconds. I clicked it again and was withdrawn after about 3 more seconds. Not sure if the first withdrawal totally failed, or if it just took 13 seconds.

#88 User is offline   super69 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-July-07, 13:24

Played in an Instant Tournament (without issue): https://bibmobiledev...=web&v3v=6.26.1

Played "Challenge a stranger" (without issue): https://bibmobiledev...=web&v3v=6.26.1

Got the "An error was detected while processing tournaments" message with the Instant 100 events.

Played 10 hands with 3 advanced robots, used Undo (bidding and play) and Claim seamlessly.

Played in tournament #18511 (acbl), seemed to work ok except we stopped playing board 6 at trick 10 - the directors were expecting auto-adjustment of result, but it didn't happen.

#89 User is offline   VulkaN 

• Pip

Posted 2024-July-07, 13:59

1-VulkaN
2-I wanted to try the new server. I didn't see any problems.
3-https://bibmobiledev.bridgebase.com/webutil/v2/tview.php?t=19101-1720378801&u=VulkaN&v3b=web&v3v=6.26.1

#90 User is offline   cyrenman 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-July-07, 14:01

I played in ACBL tournament #18511 and all the basic functionality (play, alerts and explanations for both humans and robots, chat, claims) worked well, except for the aforementioned convention card access issues. (There was one moment when I thought I couldn't play a card, but that was purely user error: I had five different accounts playing in the tournament, and I mixed up which one was declarer and which was dummy at that table!)
Director calls and score corrections mostly seemed OK. I'm a little puzzled by this math in the final results, though. This account got three 100%, three 0%, five 50%, and an average, which should be 50%, but it's showing up as 52.50% for some reason. It's not just being slow to update either, it's been like this for several minutes and logging in and out a couple of times. Apologies if this is intended behavior and it's just a result of the matchpoint math for adjusted results. Results link: https://bibmobiledev...=web&v3v=6.26.1

Posted ImageI checked a couple minutes later and the scores for board 5 had been adjusted so that it was now 25%, and the 50% at the bottom changed to 47.9% (correctly) but it still said 52.50% at the top.

Also, before the tournament, this account had 17.36 BBO masterpoints according to the page in the Account tab on the new server, and half an hour and a couple of logins after the tournament, it still says 17.36.

#91 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-July-07, 16:20

View Postdiana_eva, on 2024-July-07, 08:40, said:

a_user has 97.52 BB$ on BBO Server 2, so you should be able to join the pay games. If you see another type of error pls let us know.

Yep - it's specific to the BB0 instant tournaments - it refuses to open and a yellow box appears very briefly saying there was an error processing the tournament.
Fortuna Fortis Felix

#92 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-July-07, 23:27

Just plaid a paid instant, no problems.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#93 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-July-08, 01:48

View Postcyrenman, on 2024-July-07, 11:52, said:

(emoji stuff...)

The BBO emoticons, such as the auto-generated ones for
:)
and
:P
work normally everywhere on the new server.

Follow-up that might be more about the forums than the new server: the two emoji were displaying properly in the post, but when I edited it to add the bit about Firefox, they turned into �� and ��. To get them to display properly, I had to edit this post with the full editor and add them back in again.

Thanks for the details. Our sysadmins are looking into this but its more of a configuration issue, not specific to the new server we are testing. Good catch, nonetheless -- thanks to everyone who flagged it.

#94 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-July-08, 02:10

View Postcyrenman, on 2024-July-07, 12:15, said:

I created a team match, and the creation process seemed normal. I didn't reserve any seats. After a minute or so, I sat down in one of the seats, but I was unable to leave it. Clicking on my username at the table did nothing, and the "back" button in the top left was grayed out. Eventually, the only method I could figure out to leave was to destroy the match entirely.

I was able to register for an ACBL human pairs event by logging in with two accounts (my main account, plus cyrenman01 that's used to kibitz team matches for streaming).
  • Both accounts joined the partnership desk, and that all looked normal. ✅
  • The cyrenman account registered and paid for both players. ✅
  • The cyrenman01 account doesn't have an associated ACBL number, and it got a pop-up message double-checking that and prompting me to enter an ACBL number if I have one. ✅
  • The cyrenman account added a convention card, and for both accounts, the button changed to "Show Convention Card" accordingly. ✅
  • Both accounts get the "Error loading Convention Card" when I try to view the card. ❌
Unfortunately, there haven't been enough people online this afternoon for the ACBL pairs or an Express tournament to actually start.
Other notes:
  • Overall, when testing other functionality like solitaire play, Bridge Master, and playing in a couple of the casual rooms with three robots, the server doesn't seem slower than the actual one, despite the warnings above. Maybe that's just because it has a lot less work to do right now without thousands of users :)
  • There was one exception: I played the same Robot Rebate that oops sry p did. I confirmed that the basic play functions were working, then withdrew after the first board. After I clicked "Withdraw" and then confirmed that I did want to withdraw, nothing happened for about 10 seconds. I clicked it again and was withdrawn after about 3 more seconds. Not sure if the first withdrawal totally failed, or if it just took 13 seconds.

First of all, thanks for helping, together with your small army of aliases :) Appreciate it.

About the team matches:

Both in the testing environment and on BBO, in order to leave, as a player, you have to click Call TD, then Withdraw. You can't just click the Back button like in a daylong, since this is with actual humans and impacts the other players in the game. If you are the team match host, you also have the options to sub yourself out, or destroy the game.

#95 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-July-08, 02:12

View PostVulkaN, on 2024-July-07, 13:59, said:

1-VulkaN
2-I wanted to try the new server. I didn't see any problems.
3-https://bibmobiledev.bridgebase.com/webutil/v2/tview.php?t=19101-1720378801&u=VulkaN&v3b=web&v3v=6.26.1

Well that froze my brain for a second there :)

#96 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-July-08, 02:16

View Postpilowsky, on 2024-July-07, 16:20, said:

Yep - it's specific to the BB0 instant tournaments - it refuses to open and a yellow box appears very briefly saying there was an error processing the tournament.

I see. I think you were clicking the Instant 100 games and bumped into the bug smerriman reported. Instant 100 doesn't work on the test environment, because there aren't enuff played games on test to spawn them. Noted this issue, and will check before the new server goes live.

#97 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-July-08, 02:22

Big thank you to Babs, aka oops sry p, for the comprehensive practice table tests. I think we can ✅ testing task #9 (teachers, do your thing) as clear, phew!

#98 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-July-08, 02:36

Looks like there was at least one test for ACBL speedball, which is excellent, one more bullet point to X on our testing tasklist. Well done to everyone who participated and got that game off the ground -- thank you very much! We now know that the game can start and go to completion successfully.

The test seems to have been a tad chaotic and players on multiple aliases muddied the waters a bit on who did what. I'd suggest we try to re-do this test a bit more organized:

• Everyone using just one alias, at most two if they can keep track of who does what.
  • One TD who does not play, and helps coordinate the test.
We'll keep posting the ACBL games during the testing hours and if we see there's enough people online to get one off the ground, we'll call out for help.

We'd also appreciate if you could try an Express game and let us know how that went.

#99 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-July-08, 02:36

Added testing bucks to the following:

cyrenman01
cyrenman
cyrenman02
cyrenman03
VulkaN
VuIkaN

#100 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-July-08, 04:32

View Postdiana_eva, on 2024-July-08, 02:16, said:

I see. I think you were clicking the Instant 100 games and bumped into the bug smerriman reported. Instant 100 doesn't work on the test environment, because there aren't enuff played games on test to spawn them. Noted this issue, and will check before the new server goes live.

Right - that's the one - apols for the dup. report.
Fortuna Fortis Felix

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users