BBO Discussion Forums: Looking for setting up heads-up style declarer play between 2 bridge players - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for setting up heads-up style declarer play between 2 bridge players

#1 User is offline   Phil_Ivey 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-August-10, 04:09

Hi All, I was just curious if BBO or any bridge app allows for a customized heads-up kind of game play between 2 players. As in me and my friend get dealt say 10 hands each and bidding is also done automatically and me and my friend play as declarer for all deals independently. At the end of all deals, we see who is the winner?. Thanks for any info.

PS: I know BBO had just declare tournaments but I am looking for a more personalized combat between 2 players (or may be a tournament between few more players).

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-August-10, 16:54

View PostPhil_Ivey, on 2024-August-10, 04:09, said:

Hi All, I was just curious if BBO or any bridge app allows for a customized heads-up kind of game play between 2 players. As in me and my friend get dealt say 10 hands each and bidding is also done automatically and me and my friend play as declarer for all deals independently. At the end of all deals, we see who is the winner?. Thanks for any info.

PS: I know BBO had just declare tournaments but I am looking for a more personalized combat between 2 players (or may be a tournament between few more players).

Under 'featured areas' go to 'challenges'.
Then 'challenge a friend' and set it to 'just declare'.
Fortuna Fortis Felix

#3 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-August-10, 16:59

Hmmm, there is the Challenges section in BBO where you can challenge a friend and specify Best Hand or Just Declare (can also choose Advanced Robots, but if you frequently use advanced robots, it may be cheaper to rent or join BBO Prime). I haven't tried Just Declare but I think that should work.

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-August-10, 18:36

View Postjohnu, on 2024-August-10, 16:59, said:

Hmmm, there is the Challenges section in BBO where you can challenge a friend and specify Best Hand or Just Declare (can also choose Advanced Robots, but if you frequently use advanced robots, it may be cheaper to rent or join BBO Prime). I haven't tried Just Declare but I think that should work.

Renting robots or joining Prime does not impact the cost or the level of tournament and challege robots. Robot rentals apply only to robots you manually seat at your table.

#5 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-August-10, 22:42

I was going to suggest using a Dealer script but from what I can see you can't set the seed (except from the command line)

#6 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-August-11, 15:33

View Postdiana_eva, on 2024-August-10, 18:36, said:

Renting robots or joining Prime does not impact the cost or the level of tournament and challege robots. Robot rentals apply only to robots you manually seat at your table.

Really??? Why no discount for frequent players? Is BBO saving up to pay for programmers to fix GIB?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users