European President Blair

#21 User is offline   sceptic 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2008-February-15, 11:22

helene_t, on Feb 15 2008, 05:07 PM, said:

han, on Feb 15 2008, 05:56 PM, said:

sceptic, on Feb 14 2008, 11:27 PM, said:

Anyone that believes any of the European politicians are in it for the people IMHO is out of touch with the real world.

Pff, In my humble opinion you don't know what you are talking about.

Yes, there are a lot of very good people in the European parliament.

If they are that good, why cant they draw up a constitution between them?

#22 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2008-February-15, 11:36

Some of them have more serious things to do than negotiating this silly constitution.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#23 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2008-February-15, 13:37

sceptic, on Feb 15 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

cherdano, on Feb 15 2008, 04:02 PM, said:

I think Tony Blair would be a terrible choice. The debate before the Iraq war was the first time there was something like a European public. The media in one country were closely following the opinions in political debate in other European countries, the anti-war protests got momentum across borders, and so on. It would be horrible symbol to make someone EU president who was so blatantly on the wrong side on this part of recent history.

I agree with your opinion of Blair, but your reasoning is flawed, The Iraq war is something we should be behind, the boys out there do not need to feel it is all for nothing

Perhaps if we re-phrased that to "The Iraq war is something that should be behind us...." as in the past so that the troops could be home, defending their country from foreign (terrorist) attacks as opposed to terrorizing foreigners on foreign soil....this picture is SO wrong that it boggles the mind.
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#24 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2008-February-15, 15:07

sceptic, on Feb 15 2008, 11:21 AM, said:

cherdano, on Feb 15 2008, 04:02 PM, said:

I think Tony Blair would be a terrible choice. The debate before the Iraq war was the first time there was something like a European public. The media in one country were closely following the opinions in political debate in other European countries, the anti-war protests got momentum across borders, and so on. It would be horrible symbol to make someone EU president who was so blatantly on the wrong side on this part of recent history.

I agree with your opinion of Blair, but your reasoning is flawed, The Iraq war is something we should be behind, the boys out there do not need to feel it is all for nothing

Making Tony Blair EU president is one hell of a good idea to make sure that the controversy over Iraq will stay alive Europe-wide.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users