• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Keystroke shortcuts

#21 User is offline   docwilson 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-June-25, 08:19

View Post0 carbon, on 2009-January-19, 03:28, said:

My hands get tired from all the mousing (or trackpadding). How about some keystroke shortcuts for all the menus?

I would like to add this: Can we have a Macro Text Key? What I have in mind is something like using the numbered F keys at the top of the keyboard to store and then output a text message such as, "HELLO - WE PLAY PRECISION AND USE ODD/EVEN DISCARDS" It would certainly save a bit of typing at the start of each tournament round.

#22 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-June-25, 09:21

It doesn't have keystroke shortcuts, but you can save common messages in Chat Manager.

#23 User is offline   A2003 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-July-05, 15:48

View Postdocwilson, on 2013-June-25, 08:19, said:

I would like to add this: Can we have a Macro Text Key? What I have in mind is something like using the numbered F keys at the top of the keyboard to store and then output a text message such as, "HELLO - WE PLAY PRECISION AND USE ODD/EVEN DISCARDS" It would certainly save a bit of typing at the start of each tournament round.

Try to download free version of Phrase express and use these features.

#24 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-29, 21:40

^_^

#25 User is offline   JmBrPotter 

• PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bicycling, Chess, Computer Science, Go, Hiking, Learning, Military Simulation Games, Photography, Quality Improvement, Reading (SciFi, nonfiction), Statistics, Teaching, Two-Player Partial Information Games, Two-Player Total Information Games, oh! I almost forgot---Duplicate Contract Bridge playing and directing

Posted 2020-March-14, 01:43

I vote for offering Fred Gitelman sufficient resources to expedite the keyboard short cuts in the web-based BBO client. Where do I send my donation?

Until that happens, those of you with mousing/trackpadding problems should investigate the Kensington Expert Mouse Wired Trackball K64325. In my experience, there is no better pointing device available from from any manufacturer (including Kensington) at any price. It works on pretty much any version of either Windows or MacOS that you can imagine and provides the smoothest, fastest, most accurate, most precise pointer movement of any pointing device I've ever used. The scroll ring lets you scroll without messing with the pointer and scroll bars. The four buttons give you a total of six "clicks" without holding down any modifier keys. Meanings for all six "clicks" are customizable (but one must be plain, ordinary click with no modifiers) to do whatever you like (including different click definitions by application if such complexity blows up your bell bottoms). The trackball also offers excellent ergonomics. It cured my repetitive stress injury caused by mousing around. It might do the same for you.

End of testimonial cum recommendation.
:-)

Brian Potter

e-mail: ClioBridgeGuy >at< att >dot< net
URL: Bridge at the Village

Bridge is more than just a card game. It is a cerebral sport. Bridge teaches you logic, reasoning, quick thinking, patience, concentration, and partnership skills.
- Martina Navratilova

#26 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-March-14, 14:22

View PostJmBrPotter, on 2020-March-14, 01:43, said:

I vote for offering Fred Gitelman sufficient resources to expedite the keyboard short cuts in the web-based BBO client. Where do I send my donation?

Fred retired last year.

#27 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-29, 14:50

View PostA2003, on 2014-July-05, 15:48, said:

Try to download free version of Phrase express and use these features.

For auto alerts, you might find https://github.com/stanmaz/BBOalert useful. It is a browser extension for Firefox and Chromium browsers including Chrome & Edge

For windows, AutoHotKey can be useful for text macros ..... and much more.

#28 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-29, 14:55

View Postbarmar, on 2013-June-25, 09:21, said:

It doesn't have keystroke shortcuts, but you can save common messages in Chat Manager.

I copy & paste from a text file. I find it easier to use/edit. Control-C & Control-V are your friends...

#29 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-29, 15:30

Actually, key-shortcuts would be very useful for chat direction :
ctrl T > chat to tournament
ctrl R > chat to room (table)
ctrl C > chat to club
etc.

#30 User is offline   TexSBR 

• Pip

Posted 2023-August-06, 11:24

Would it be possible to make auto play singletons as the default and allowing players to uncheck it if they prefer? I know this maybe controversial, but it would speed play in most cases and really, if you are a decent player, timing would not be different than auto-play as there is a build in delay on auto play singletons anyway.

#31 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-August-06, 16:24

View PostTexSBR, on 2023-August-06, 11:24, said:

Would it be possible to make auto play singletons as the default and allowing players to uncheck it if they prefer? I know this maybe controversial, but it would speed play in most cases and really, if you are a decent player, timing would not be different than auto-play as there is a build in delay on auto play singletons anyway.

Apart from all other considerations, I've not noticed a problem of slow play of singletons except from the occasional wise guy playing for time, who would presumably just switch his attention to doubletons if we autoplay singletons.

#32 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-August-06, 16:38

Would strongly recommend against making it the default. Glance away from the screen for half a second; the opponent wins a trick and leads a suit in which you have a singleton, and now that the previous trick has been cleared, you will never be able to see what card they won the last trick with. To the majority of users, this would simply be unacceptable, and I can't really see any upside in having it on by default.

#33 User is offline   ixm7 

• PipPip

Posted 2023-November-30, 19:19

You may want to give my free BBOText Chrome extension a look.
Here's a video demo: https://www.youtube....h?v=hgB37ooZUX8
Ido Millet
Free BBOText browser extension

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users