BBO Discussion Forums: Possible web-client bug? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Possible web-client bug? When explanation is to long...

#1 User is offline   ppek 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2009-February-05, 10:13

First of all I would like to say that the Web-client is great and I really like it altough I am missing partnership bidding, but we all know BBO-team is working on it. Good job!

This happened to me twice yesterday during the Robot Reward tournament using web-client in Firefox 3.0.5 on Ubuntu Linux.

I asked for keycards, robot jumped to sixth level showing void and some number of the keycards, but when I moved mouse over the bid the explanation was to long and I could see only the end as the beginning was out of the screen. Interesting is that in the little diagram in "My Results" the explanation was correctly wrapped into more lines.

#2 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-February-05, 10:55

Thanks for the bug report. Question:

When you are bidding do you see the auction in the middle of the table or at the top right of the table?

If you see this happen again and if not too much trouble, please e-mail a screenshot to: fred@bridgebase.com

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#3 User is offline   ppek 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2009-February-05, 11:39

I sent the screenshots.

Just one more notice. I am playing Robot Reward tournaments for some time and this is the first time I noticed this. But now it is regular problem and this happens with almost any explanation because all the robot's explanations are quiet long.

I hope you will be able to simulate the same situation...

#4 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-February-05, 11:45

ppek, on Feb 5 2009, 05:39 PM, said:

I sent the screenshots.

Just one more notice. I am playing Robot Reward tournaments for some time and this is the first time I noticed this. But now it is regular problem and this happens with almost any explanation because all the robot's explanations are quiet long.

I hope you will be able to simulate the same situation...

Received with thanks. The bug will be fixed in the next release.

This only happens in "small cards" mode. A workaround is to switch to "big cards" (either by right-click on the table or through the Options button at the top of the screen then "More Options..." on the menu that appears).

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users