BBO Discussion Forums: What do you think about our 2 level openings? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you think about our 2 level openings?

#21 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2011-June-15, 05:23

View PostVampyr, on 2011-June-08, 13:16, said:

I don't play it myself, but I think that 2-bids which are weak in the suit above or specific strong hands can be effective and fun.

I disagree, I've played them in the past and it wasn't that much fun imo. First of all the strong options are very rare (usually some strong 5-5). Second of all you give opps much more options to intervene, balance or penalize you when you hold the weak version (which is much more common). This also means you can't preempt as agressive as you'd normally want. Putting pressure with agressive NF bids is a lot more fun imo. ;)

1 strong opening is more than enough, the auction will sometimes be messy or difficult, but it's quite rare and if that situation occurs many people will struggle as well.

View Postmgoetze, on 2011-June-08, 13:03, said:

I like:
2 22+ balanced or any GF
2 Wilkosz
2 Weak 2 in Hearts
2 Weak 2 in Spades

I also like this, but my partner doesn't want to play Wilkosz because it's BSC and usually we're not allowed to play this. The alternative/reverse is also fine, which is what we play at the moment:
2 = bal 22+ or semi GF or stronger
2 = weak with 6(+) or 6(+)
2 = weak with 5+ and 5+ in another suit (may be )
2 = weak with 5+ and 5+m

I've always enjoyed extremely weak 2-openings in certain positions when NV, for example
- random 2: 0-5HCP any distribution
- Lorenzo two's (I used to play 2M Lorenzo): 0-7HCP, 4+ cards in the suit, MAFIA style
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users