• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A new way to present problems

#41 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-May-11, 12:49

Not yet tried it since you updated the page, but I found that using Safari on my android tablet, it froze after the auction.

Using Chrome on the android tablet (once I remembered to enable javascript, which I tend to leave disabled by default for enhanced security) it came up with error messages periodically, but oddly allowed me to continue with the bidding and play to completion after just cancelling the error messages.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#42 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-12, 12:59

I need to get my hands into a tablet and IE9 ASAP.

#43 User is offline   Thiros 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Greek fire, Damascus steel, Linear A

Posted 2013-May-14, 00:16

I'm using Safari for this and the interface worked out OK. This could be a great way to show hands, if it caught on.

The only message that I took away from this hand is that playing with students is hard. My choice would be to bid 4 over 4 with North's hand, since it's such a pure offense hand. It looks like it goes down only one. Even if the defense finds some masterful play to send 4-X down two, I would rather give up -200 or even -500 than -620, or, heaven forbid, -790.

Speaking of students, I would bid 3 in response to your double, with the East hand, rather than the 3 which he actually did. But I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining, because 3 worked out well enough for HIM. :-p

View PostFluffy, on 2013-May-09, 09:55, said:

complaints about site´s name to be delivered to richard pavlicek, who was the one to suggest the nick... http://www.rpbridge.net/7x96.htm

I prefer the one where Richard Pavlicek refers to you as God's editor. Posted Image

#44 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-14, 06:02

That was my second 60, and I did it without deep finese!, but as you can see I didn't 'solve' all problems :P

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users