• Group: Members

Posted 2013-November-27, 18:21

Hi!

Here's what I had:

xx
Qxxx
xxx with an honor I can't remember which
AJxxx

I'm in 3rd seat with a total of 12 points (there could have been a spade honor too). The bidding goes

P - 1H - I debate 2 clubs but figure I don't have enough points to overcall at the 2 level (you need 13 from what I recall) so I pass - 2C
2S - P - ?

I can't support spades, and I don't think I can bid any of my suits if the opponents have bid them. What's the correct bid here? Pass and hope that they switch back to hearts or clubs? 2NT?

#2 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2013-November-27, 20:24

welcome to the forums!

However, I think you will find that you are going to have to give exact hands if you want helpful answers. Don't worry if you don't remember the exact cards....make up something that looks close, rather than leaving us to guess which spade or diamond honours you had.

Edit: Also, and many of us have done this and many will do it again: make sure your hand only holds 13 cards:)

Also, I suggest that for the short term, you consider posting in the Intermediate/Advanced or the Novice/Beginner areas. I know that almost all players with a little knowledge tend to think they know far more than they actually do, by comparison to the truly experienced players who make up some of the posters here...I know I did (tho that was long before the internet!).
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#3 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-27, 20:46

Yes and regardless of the actual spot cards when the opponents bid your suits like this the hand is more defense, no offence so pass.

Partner has room to hold longer than expected spades and even if the opponents don't bid on and the contract fails anything higher rates to be worse.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#4 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-28, 00:29

Partner has no opening values, you don't have combined strength for game so you should play a partscore, you best fit is in spades, so 2 is your best possible contract.

#5 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-28, 00:32

Also, there seem to be either 14 or 15 cards in your hand, depending on whether the honor replaces one of the small cards.

#6 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-28, 05:04

I think I found the hand. Holding

QT92
KJ6
AJT98

in fourth seat at Love All, the bidding is:

(P) - P - (1) - P;
(2) - 2 - (P) - ?
(-: Zel :-)

#7 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-28, 05:26

pass. make sure you don't look nervous (online: pass quickly) because you don't want to encourage opps to double.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users