Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prob with IE11

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-June-14, 03:06

Running IE11, windows 8.1, with Flash version of BBO.

If I try to scroll fast through the play of the hand, so that I click on the "next trick" button before flash has had an opportunity to complete the previous trick,, then IE11 hangs.

I don't get the same problem in Chrome.

I don't expect you to fix it. Just letting you know, in case.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-June-15, 11:33

Just a quick update before going out to the pub.

It could just be my machine playing up, but the problem is more general than the situation described in the OP.

For example, if I tap on the URL bar, then tap on something in the main window, IE crashes. There are several other ways that I can make it do this.

Note I said "tap", not "click". Because I have observed that this is ONLY a problem when using touchscreen controls (Windows 8.1).

I get the impression that this is wholly outside of the purview of BBO, as it is probably an OS/browser problem.

And just in case it was a corruption purely local to me I reset IE11 to its initial settings and it still misbehaved.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-June-15, 20:32

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-June-15, 11:33, said:

Just a quick update before going out to the pub.

It could just be my machine playing up, but the problem is more general than the situation described in the OP.

For example, if I tap on the URL bar, then tap on something in the main window, IE crashes. There are several other ways that I can make it do this.

Note I said "tap", not "click". Because I have observed that this is ONLY a problem when using touchscreen controls (Windows 8.1).

I get the impression that this is wholly outside of the purview of BBO, as it is probably an OS/browser problem.

And just in case it was a corruption purely local to me I reset IE11 to its initial settings and it still misbehaved.

Have you tried mucking with compatibility settings? I am not sure, but a lot of times, IE seems to need to have that setting changed to get it to work. I wonder if you changed it for the gaming site address if that would help. Click the little icon to the top of the star on the windows address bar (far right side) and try changing it and see if this helps... (it is in the drop down menu). Can't hurt to try it... let us know if that fixes the problem.
--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users