BBO Discussion Forums: My Town - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Town

#21 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2019-April-22, 04:52

Thinking for a nice trip in Italy:Bari by nighthttps://youtu.be/VQNhL22QM6E

#22 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-July-05, 20:44

I open a parenthesis to tell an anecdote of real life. Three or four weeks ago, going to a restaurant, I saw a limousine with tinted windows on the side of the road and a big truck with cinema equipment across the street. They were setting up a set (on the third floor of the building they had spread a black cloth that covered the whole window) and it was on the back of the Petruzzelli Theater. The director was the Roman Carlo Verdone. Yesterday I leave the same restaurant and turning on the other side of the road I see at the bottom again a big truck and the partially cordoned road. This time there was a surprise: the actress was famous and was Sophia Loren, the director was the son of Carlo Ponti, Edoardo Ponti. Some scenes look like they will be shot on the rooftops of the Old Town(=Bari Vecchia) and others in Torre a Mare, a suburb of Bari. In that restaurant I had the opportunity to meet in the years also: the singer Milva, Anna Oxa with the whole family when she won the Festival of Sanremo and once entering Lucio Dalla, famous Bolognese songwriter.

#23 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-July-14, 04:26

Sophia Loren arrives and Bari stops. On paper it promises to be a month of passion that will paralyze the circulation and parking of cars in the city for the filming of the film The Life Before It From 2 July, until 3 August. Interpreted precisely by Sophia Loren, who fully embodies the history of Italian cinema (and not only), "La vita davanti a sé" is directed by Edoardo Ponti, the actress's son, and arrives in Bari after almost two armored weeks of filming at Trani.

To scroll the overview of traffic restrictions, announced by the Municipality, and to consult online at www.comune.bari.it, the old quarters of Bari, the Murattiano, the Madonnella and the Liberty will be more affected by the establishment of the ban on parking and the transit between some portions of Corso Vittorio Emanuele and Corso Cavour, via Cognetti and piazza Eroi del Mare, piazza Chiurlia and the Lungomare Augusto waterfront, only to indicate some of the dozens of streets and squares that will be affected by the prohibitions. Without prejudice to the fact that the limitations will not be permanent, but subordinated to the schedule of filming communicated in advance by the production.

"It is an honor in the meantime to be able to welcome a queen of cinema, and not only, like Sofia Loren - comments Antonio Parente, director of the Apulia film commission - who represents for us all a piece of the history of our country. At the same time we are proud to have been chosen by the production and by Edoardo Ponti, who objectively had several alternatives at hand ". To make the landing of this set possible, of course, are the support of the Apulia film commission and, Parente stresses, "the interaction with the Municipality of Bari. As far as we are concerned we have facilitated the organization of services, recruitment of the workers and the choice of locations ". An operational support, therefore, that of the Afc. Yeah, but where will it turn? "Meanwhile, La vita davanti a sé will not only be filmed, but set in Bari - pressed Parente - although the film includes lengthy interior workings. But it is certain that the film will feature the Redentore institute, the North seafront between the Fair of Levant and San Girolamo, the old city, the hypogeum of Villa Giustiniani. What is certain is that the sea of ​​Bari will be among the protagonists ".
(FROM La Repubblica.it:Sophia Loren turns to Bari and the city stops: traffic stops and parking bans. "Here the history of cinema"

Photo of Edoardo Ponti and Sophia Loren:[img] http://va.newsrepublic.net/al/NhNxww [/ img]

From 2 July, shooting of the film directed by Edoardo Ponti, the actress's son, inspired by the novel 'La vita davanti a sé ' and already at the center of a 1977 Oscar-winning film. Restrictions on circulation and parking throughout the center, linked to the shooting schedule. Relative: "Bari not only background but protagonist"

by ANTONIO DI GIACOMO)

#24 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-August-03, 01:45

Hidden Europe: the ten places to visit. And in fifth place is Bari

LaPresse

2019/05/21 14:39

follow

Lonely Planet travel experts have scoured little-known coasts, cities and regions of Europe in search of the best places to visit this year. From the forests populated by bears to the towns edged with vineyards, the 10 chosen destinations are, for the guide, the most interesting of the continent at the moment: a mix of old regenerated glories and lesser-known wonders. And, in fifth place, there is also an Italian town: Bari, with its historic center, shops and restaurants. Here is the complete ranking.
Spoiler

5 - BARI (Italy): always the starting point for tourists en route to the great protagonists of Puglia, located further south, is experiencing its spring: a rather neglected time, this port city that protrudes from the Italian heel, enjoys of a revival matured over a decade.
Spoiler

#25 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2019-August-03, 05:12

I have been to Vieste and Matera but not to Bari. It looks beautiful, though. I really enjoyed southern Italy.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#26 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-August-03, 05:44

View PostWinstonm, on 2019-August-03, 05:12, said:

I have been to Vieste and Matera but not to Bari. It looks beautiful, though. I really enjoyed southern Italy.

I'm happy. I can give you some quick indications: Bari has several Bed & Breakfasts: "Room 56" has two balconies that overlook my interior (one floor down); leaving the building, a block towards Corso Cavour is "Les Suites di Bari"; going two blocks above, instead, "Gatto Bianco" which has another point two blocks away and, on the same street, the first corner is the "Central Hotel". As for the hotels: leaving the Bari Centrale station on Piazza Moro you see the "Hotel Leon D'Oro" (turning the corner begins Via Sparano and immediately after the garden where the University of Bari faces where I worked) . Next to the Petruzzelli Theater the "Grand Hotel Oriente" while near the Palazzo di Città, in front of the Teatro Piccinni, the "Palace Hotel" near Corso Vittorio Emanuele. On the Araldo di Crollalanza seafront promenade the "Hotel Bosco" which was formerly the historic "Grand Hotel delle Nazioni" and where politicians and famous entertainment men stayed (at the end there is the " Pane e Pomodoro" beach). The great "Sheraton Nicolaus Hotel" is out of the way. The city is well served by taxis and city lines with frequent journeys. For tourists (when I leave home I often meet French, English, German, Japanese / Chinese and Slavic or Swedish) there are little trains that go around the city or guides on bicycles (risco') with three wheels. Large cruise ships (MSC and Costa Cruises, with three floors) often arrive at the port of Bari.For those who prefer to travel by plane, Bari airport has been dedicated to the great pontiff Karol Wojtyla (and you can take advantage of buying "free charge" products).

#27 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-August-03, 15:36

View PostWinstonm, on 2019-August-03, 05:12, said:

Beautiful IMO is an overbid - not just when compared to Lecce - but Bari has charm and is fun, plus a great place to eat.
There is beauty nearby however, like the historic fishing town of Giovinazzo, the surreal Castel del Monte or the austere cathedral of Trani.

#28 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-August-04, 06:13

View Postpescetom, on 2019-August-03, 15:36, said:

Beautiful IMO is an overbid - not just when compared to Lecce - but Bari has charm and is fun, plus a great place to eat.
There is beauty nearby however, like the historic fishing town of Giovinazzo, the surreal Castel del Monte or the austere cathedral of Trani.

Speaking of usability in terms of time we also have Palese and, almost attacked, Santo Spirito now enters the metropolitan city of Bari and, on the opposite side, Torre a Mare. But how can we not also mention the uniqueness of Alberobello (this is a nice video:https://youtu.be/qFgfAdciGE8) in the Itria valley at world level and, of course, of the Selva di Fasano where the Zoosafari resides (with various species of animals). Closer to us is the Mercadante Forest and also the City of Conversano (ancient Norba).

#29 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-August-21, 01:34

https://www.lagazzet...passeggeri.html

#30 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-August-21, 10:42

View PostLovera, on 2019-August-21, 01:34, said:

When leaving the airport watch out for the intentionally irrational "emergency lane" that appears on the right B-)

#31 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-December-23, 18:33

Views initially of the Promenade-in Front of the Adratic Sea, then the Bari Old Town ending with the Palace of Province ( in green,white,red):https://youtu.be/lusHPoQCs04Many wishes to everyone in BBO.

#32 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-January-16, 15:37

https://youtu.be/02jQiIkEGh8
Amazing images of Italian cities that make it clear why many people come from abroad to our great country and love to return to vacation.

#33 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2022-January-16, 19:11

View PostLovera, on 2022-January-16, 15:37, said:

https://youtu.be/02jQiIkEGh8
Amazing images of Italian cities that make it clear why many people come from abroad to our great country and love to return to vacation.

Thanks for posting. I love being in Italy.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users