BBO Discussion Forums: No auto score adjustment on last round? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No auto score adjustment on last round?

#1 User is offline   simohunter 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-August-30, 00:24

BBO adjust scores in a tournament for unfinished boards at the end of each round, if it can.

However, it doesn't seem to do this at the end of the LAST round for any incomplete boards, even when it can see the result.

is this by design? it is not ideal.

#2 User is online   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-August-30, 10:13

"Tradition" (perhaps not in BBO club, but in most games) is that we add a bunch of time (5+minutes) to the last round to ensure all tables finish. So I can see it not doing the analysis after the tournament ends.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is offline   peterb001 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-August-30, 15:33

In my experience, BBO also adjusts the last round as usual, but not before the results have been uploaded to the results server. Like the previous poster, we also add extra time to the last round to prevent this from happening, but BBO also re-uploads the (possibly amended) results again approximately 20 minutes after the completion of the tournament, replacing the previous scores. Rather than waiting for this, we find it much easier for all tables to finish under their own steam, then the initial results are fine.

#4 User is offline   simohunter 

• Pip

Posted 2021-August-30, 17:37

Thanks, that's interesting. i went back and looked at the last time it happened to me and i see that the score has subsequently been adjusted.

i suppose it is waiting 20 mins in case the director does something themselves.

we suck the results out to pianola so i think we need to wait for that time to expire in case.

#5 User is offline   armantt2k 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-August-31, 08:12

View Postmycroft, on 2021-August-30, 10:13, said:

"Tradition" (perhaps not in BBO club, but in most games) is that we add a bunch of time (5+minutes) to the last round to ensure all tables finish. So I can see it not doing the analysis after the tournament ends.

Although true that most TDs usually (or as you say, "traditionally") add extra time on the final round in the games they run on BBO, the TDs of the ACBL 18-board 6 min per hand Open games (run hourly at :10 past every hour) do not do so.

#6 User is offline   woengel 

• Pip

Posted 2021-August-31, 15:40

View Postsimohunter, on 2021-August-30, 17:37, said:

Thanks, that's interesting. i went back and looked at the last time it happened to me and i see that the score has subsequently been adjusted.

i suppose it is waiting 20 mins in case the director does something themselves.

we suck the results out to pianola so i think we need to wait for that time to expire in case.

In short, the results of all games get posted to the website twice. At the moment of completion, and again at the end of the correction period (usually 20 minutes). In the big BBO club games, we do not add time for the final round, as has been noted above. In smaller games, it is a very good idea to do so.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-September-01, 09:25

View Postsimohunter, on 2021-August-30, 17:37, said:

Yes. ACBL Virtual Club game results get sent to ACBL Live For Clubs. The job that does this runs every 30 minutes, and only sends games that finished at least 30 minutes earlier, so that all adjustments will be included.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users