• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Forums

#221 User is offline   kgr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-November-29, 05:32

Are the buttons for suit symbols removed by the forum software upgrade?

#222 User is offline   hotShot 

• Axxx Axx Axx Axx
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-November-29, 07:03

Seems the suit symbol buttons are gone, but I hope that the symbols still work.

#223 User is online   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2010-November-29, 07:06

View Postkgr, on 2010-November-29, 05:32, said:

Are the buttons for suit symbols removed by the forum software upgrade?

No, they are there when you write a post.

Except when you edit a post, but in that case there is a "Use Full Editor" option which allows you to continue the editing with all buttons available, including the suit ones.

#224 User is offline   hotShot 

• Axxx Axx Axx Axx
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-November-29, 09:03

I use Firefox and the the suit symbols are gone, both in fast reply and in full editor.

#225 User is offline   kgr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-November-29, 09:33

View PosthotShot, on 2010-November-29, 09:03, said:

I use Firefox and the the suit symbols are gone, both in fast reply and in full editor.

Yes, it is a firefox issue.
In Internet Explorer I see icons (red cross like the icon is not found) and in firefox there is nothing on the same place

#226 User is online   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2010-November-29, 13:33

My mistake, sorry.

Had them in the browser cache so did not notice them gone.

Now fixed.

#227 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2010-November-29, 14:10

This is I believe the fourth time that I uploaded the same profile picture and it has disappeared. What is going on?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#228 User is offline   hotShot 

• Axxx Axx Axx Axx
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-November-29, 14:53

Mine seems unavailable too right now, but I guess it will reapear.

But yours appeared in a few moments ago, maybe my browser cache ..., but all others seem gone.

#229 User is offline   655321 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-December-20, 18:31

I tried clicking the yellow 'report' button on some of AlexFred's posts (because they are copies of existing posts with spam added) but I got the error "[#10136] You do not have permission to report the item you are attempting to report. "

View Postgwnn, on 2010-November-29, 14:10, said:

This is I believe the fourth time that I uploaded the same profile picture and it has disappeared. What is going on?

I still never see everyone's profile picture, I see some pictures, but others just say 'xyz's photo'. The users whose pictures I can and cannot see are different each time. Is this just me, or are profile pictures still a problem for everyone?
That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give.

#230 User is offline   ahollan1 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-December-20, 23:05

I consider the New Forum detailed content of e-mail [especially the Daily Post Digest] a huge improvement allowing both immediate assessment of interest without a browser, but also for offline usage.

However, there is a problem in that Suit Symbols visible in the Forum aren't translated to the e-mail. I'm not sure if the mail contains <null> or a space, but neither is workable for the reader.

Is there a way for the Forum => E-mail parser to convert the suit symbols into something that retains the intent of the poster?

If the problem is an issue with symbol availability based upon e-mail reader font, a generic solution could be:

Translation of Suit Symbol to the capitalized letter of the suit name

=>C
=>D
=>H
=>S

This seems workable -- at least for Forums NOT targeted as using a language other than English.
I don't know if languages that use other alphabets use the same or different ways to refer to suit names when symbols are unavailable.

Thanks

Al

#231 User is offline   TimG 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-06, 06:41

Some posts include a lot of white space as a result of lots of "interests". I've looked, but I haven't found a way to prevent "interests" from being displayed.

Here is an example of what I mean.

#232 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2011-January-06, 07:16

matmat should write longer posts (-:

Anyway anything about new colour schemes? Am I the only one who still doesn't like the colours?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#233 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2011-January-06, 09:20

View PostTimG, on 2010-November-10, 21:38, said:

What purpose does forum friending serve?

I think it would actually be more useful if forum friends were marked as BBO friends than the other way around.

I consider my BBO friend list private and would be a bit annoyed if the list were imported to the forums and people were notified that they were marked as my friends.

Yeah, these 2 lists are completely different for me as well. For example, I like Han only on BBO :P

I don't really see the point in friends lists on BBF anyway, I mean, it's not like I'm going to start a second facebook or something...
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#234 User is offline   A2003 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-January-06, 10:21

Suggestion to add the ability to attach the following association file types in the forum attachment.
Anyfilename.LIN
Anyfilename.BSS

This will help to download these files for viewing purpose. These are bridge related BBO type files.

#235 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2011-January-06, 12:56

I am somewhat irritated that, when viewing another user's profile, I can only see (I think) the average rating given to this user, but not whether I myself have rated the user yet. Also, I just tried to rate a user whose current average is 2 stars with 5 stars, and it seemed to have no effect. I'm a bit surprised at this because it seems to me that there have been very few ratings so far. In any case, some kind of "your rating has been registered" would be appreciated.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#236 User is offline   TimG 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-06, 14:12

View Postmgoetze, on 2011-January-06, 12:56, said:

I am somewhat irritated that, when viewing another user's profile, I can only see (I think) the average rating given to this user, but not whether I myself have rated the user yet. Also, I just tried to rate a user whose current average is 2 stars with 5 stars, and it seemed to have no effect. I'm a bit surprised at this because it seems to me that there have been very few ratings so far. In any case, some kind of "your rating has been registered" would be appreciated.

I had no idea that this feature existed. But, I just rated a played and their rating changed by 2 stars. So, it does seem to have an effect.

#237 User is offline   matmat 

• ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-06, 14:35

View Postgwnn, on 2011-January-06, 07:16, said:

matmat should write longer posts (-:

Anyway anything about new colour schemes? Am I the only one who still doesn't like the colours?

Why? I much prefer short posts, then the meaning is not diluted.
Also, whatever happened to bridge being one of your interests?

Re. rating players -- interesting idea, would be a lot more fun if the votes were public :o

#238 User is online   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-06, 14:45

The way the new forums interact with iPhone is very annoying.

They are formatted so that they will appear more clearly on an iPhone (i.e. you don't see the regular website but rather a special mobile version). This is okay. However, the new hand diagrams not only fail to appear on the iPhone, but they seem to crash it! It also seems to be impossible to post from iPhone (which I could do on the old forums).

Quite possibly someone mentioned this before; I haven't read through the entire thread.

I also wish there was a way to search a particular thread. When it gets up to 12 pages I'm not exactly eager to read the whole thing just to see if my particular issue had a prior mention. :(
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

#239 User is offline   TimG 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-06, 14:52

View Postawm, on 2011-January-06, 14:45, said:

They are formatted so that they will appear more clearly on an iPhone (i.e. you don't see the regular website but rather a special mobile version). This is okay. However, the new hand diagrams not only fail to appear on the iPhone, but they seem to crash it! It also seems to be impossible to post from iPhone (which I could do on the old forums).
I occasionally read and post from an iPod. I don't experience any crashes, but the hand diagrams can take a LONG time to load and often don't appear right when they do load (I often just give up, so I'm far from sure that they always load).

#240 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2011-January-06, 15:00

Hi Adam,

View Postawm, on 2011-January-06, 14:45, said:

I also wish there was a way to search a particular thread. When it gets up to 12 pages I'm not exactly eager to read the whole thing just to see if my particular issue had a prior mention. :(

You might miss some content but try googling for e.g. "inurl:http://www.bridgebase.com/forums/topic/18177-a-primer-on-reverse-bidding/ lebensohl"
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users